Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Glutton for Crazy

What does the vegan one feel like? Leather? Biothane?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 AM
<(같<) <(같)> (>같)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I actually kind of thought this thread wouldn't blow up. Silly me.

I have 3 collars from EL. Two I'm kind of meh on, but the rainbow tag collar we have gets a ton of use. I have no problem with their products, quality wise. However, I saw the deleted thread and I can't buy anything from people that act like that. I was also friends with Becca on FB and a lot of things on there also made me uncomfortable. I seriously doubt that I'll ever order from them again.

And I make it a point not to get to know the people that run the companies I want stuff from now.
Me too. When I looked the other day, everyone was civil. And I went, huh? has chaz grown up? I was confused. But now I am reassured that chaz has not grown up.

I love the way EL collars look and would order one if I didn't have to pay costums on it. I love the way paco collars look too, but I just can't justify buying one for over $100.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Big Dog

Many moons ago I was on a different forum under a different name and the people who ran Ella's lead were a part of that forum.

I remember when Ella died so very suddenly from cancer. It was awful. She was such a lovely pitty and you could tell rthat she was just absolutely adored in every way.

I'm really happy to see that their business is thriving as such.

I have an Ella's lead collar and I recently saw a post from another Cardigan owner on Facebook who purchased one.

I really love my collar. I only use it for special occasions because it's so darn pretty.

I don't have knowledge of the every-day use ones, but the one I bought for Miz Naughty has lasted through several years.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:18 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor has been wearing his not only as a public collar but every day too for I believe over 5 years now. IT looks every bit as good as it did when it came. I do clean the surface with a neutral oil once in a while. Hyia was made a bracelet just about as long ago. She treasures it, and wears it all the time, and to every dance. IT too, has held up well and looks as good as it did when it came. SHe is not good at hanign on to things, but that bracelet means the world to her. It really looks awesome on her. Normally I avoid collar threads because they just give me a headache, but I will say that ours are the nicest my dogs have ever had and probably ever will.
I hope one day to be able to get Neccy one. She deserves to have a beauty like Victor and Pepper. I have my fingers crossed for the orange colored leather and purple accents. That seems befitting for an old dear brindle.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 09-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
I love the way EL collars look and would order one if I didn't have to pay costums on it. I love the way paco collars look too, but I just can't justify buying one for over $100.
I live in France & dont pay customs.
Germany shouldn't be too different.
In postage:PC is about 25 $ while EL is about 9,50 $.
You can get great deals through PC'sample sales and through PCANSA(FK).
Just shop & wait for the good deals,to come up cos they are some!.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
<(같<) <(같)> (>같)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden&hovawart View Post
I live in France & dont pay customs.
Germany shouldn't be too different.
In postage:PC is about 25 $ while EL is about 9,50 $.
You can get great deals through PC'sample sales and through PCANSA(FK).
Just shop & wait for the good deals,to come up cos they are some!.
Really? Do the package it as a gift? We have to pay 19% (salestax) on top of whatever we order if the price is more than 22,50 (incl. shipping) :'(
Anything over 150 you have to pay extra.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
Really? Do the package it as a gift? We have to pay 19% (salestax) on top of whatever we order if the price is more than 22,50 (incl. shipping) :'(
Anything over 150 you have to pay extra.
I don't think they would, because it's illegal for them to do that as a business.

You could always have it shipped to somebody in NA, and have them ship it to you as a gift?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Leatherish.. hard to describe haha. Piper's wearing it in this video (don't mind my obnoxious voice): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...8137241&type=3

I really like it for swimming. It dries super fast so they're not left with a wet collar around their necks. And like I said, that's pretty much all I've ever used it for and the collar still looks great.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Lab Love

I don't understand how people can rationalize being so disrespectful towards Jessie in the name of supposedly defending cheweccas honour. I saw all the threads and neither Ben or Becca behaved angelicaly. I'm sure hat they are very nice people otherwise, an I enjoyed them as posters, but they don't really deserve to be put on a pedestal, IMHO. Not like they are on Chaz.

I had bought a collar a a lead from them, and I was unhappy with both. Te collar itself lasted about 1 week in good condition before it succumbed to searches, dents, immediate discolouration from getting wet; and like others had stated: bleeding onto my dog. The lead material itself was great, very soft and strong. However, the plastic I requested to cover te metal clip was just plain ba workmanship. I could see the glue, it was very unevenly cut. Just not he polished look I expected from pictures! I bought my things around the same time he drama happened, so I never asked for a return. But I really wish I had, every company makes mistakes. C'est la vie!

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 09-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Vegan feels alot like a very worn in leather. However, it does stretch alot when the dog pulls, so you have to watch that.

I had an EL vegan, but sold it when I realized leather could do everything the vegan could. I don't see a reason to spend $50 on vegan when for a little more I could get a bang-up, lifetime guaranteed leather collar.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l