Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Gosh, I really really love Trey. Still one of my favourite Chaz dogs. There was just something about him that always hit my heart.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Top Dog

Trey is before my time on Chaz, but he was a stunner!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Vizsla mom

Gorgeous boy!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

ACK! Trey has such a sweet and puppy like face. I wish I was on Chaz when he was alive. He seems like a very special guy.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 09-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Top Dog

Amazing that he was 12 in that picture! He looks great. I love Shelties....maybe someday I will have one again. My childhood dog was a Sheltie.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm All Ears

Thanks everyone. . I miss him like crazy.

Shelties are great dogs and Pepper especially reminds me of Trey. I will definitely have another one day.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Show Dog

Day two of starting a partial raw diet... While Jubel is LOVING the raw chicken he seems to think he's being shorted on food. He's fussing like he usually does after our walk and before getting dinner. Both nights. It's like he thinks the chicken is just extra treats not his meal. Silly boy.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

LOL poor Pepper. We took her to the lake.
She fell in.
Three times.

People keep asking if I'm going to train Pepper in agility. I could - it would take a while... maybe a long time... and the end result would be... what? A dog who probably wouldn't even enjoy competing. A dog who would be susceptible to being spooked in the ring by just about anything. A teeter that moves in a slightly unexpected way. A judge wearing a weird hat, or sunglasses, or just whatever Pepper decides is scary that day. Couldn't show her under any male judges, that's for sure. And God forbid a guy shows up and is, say, in the ring bar-setting. And what about all the other people and dogs around?
I don't take Pepper out very much because I can't control the environment I take her out into. And she is a faaaaar different beast than Payton, who can immediately shift from "What's THAT weird thing?" into "IT'S SOMETHING TO TRAIN WITH YAY!!!"

I want to train her, but I don't, because I don't think she'll enjoy it, and I don't want to selfishly put her into a situation she won't enjoy just because *I* want to play agility with her. I kept her knowing she would probably be better off in a quiet, one-dog home, possibly with a nice older lady. But *I* wanted Pepper. And sometimes I have a hard time believing she would legitimately be better off with anybody else anyway, because as much as she is MY girl, so too am I HER girl. So that selfish move, well, I've obviously decided that was the right choice.
But basically forcing her into sports? I just don't think I can make that move and pass it off under any kind of lies about how it's truthfully better this way.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm All Ears

Do you ever do any work with her at home? I've done some very simple things with Rose here and there and she enjoys it. I have to cheerlead the entire way and be super careful. There would be no way she'd ever come close to competing. But she does like to jump (verrry slowly). It's kind of cute.

She sounds so much like Trey sometimes. We got to the point where he just hung out at home most the time and he was fine and happy. You do what you know is best for your dog and other people can suck it imo.

My random thought: Mia FINALLY realized that things other than tennis balls can be caught. I do not know why this took so long to realize considering she loves playing ball but now she is catching treats out of the air!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Top Dog

We have our SAR training class in the morning. I have no idea what I'm getting into and I have no idea what we're going to be doing. lol I'm nervous. I'm excited.