Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Big Dog

I have several EL collars. One I really liked when I got it, but the collar didn't hold up. It was one of the first stitched collars they did with colored leather sewn over thicker piece of leather.

Ronon's collar I love. It was make with a good piece of leather. It is super soft, supple and has worn amazing. I wish all the dogs had gotten collars out of this leather. It was the harvest design and it a really beautiful collar.

Jack's was too small when I got it and I know I measured right, but it barely fit him in the last hole and now it is too small for him. It was a bit stiff and just never suited him. And he is my smallest dog, so I have no real use for the collar.

Casper's I wasn't happy with the leather. It scratches and dents really bad and was too thin for him, if he pulls, he stretches the leather, but the conchos have done good and never came off like some other collars I've bought from other makers.

But I also didn't like Stillwater leather collars and my dogs ruined the one they had while the Ellas Leads are all still decent and usable.

I will order again, but be a bit more selective in the type of leather and design. No more rhinestone conchos or colored leather.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

Thanks for the opinions and experiences, everyone. I've decided not to purchase from them.

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 09-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
And I make it a point not to get to know the people that run the companies I want stuff from now.

I have to admit that one of the reasons I order stuff from The Collar Shop (and send business that way, when possible) is that I've known Jacki online for years, and am FB friends with her. I like her. But yeah, that can go the other way really easy.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Water Junkie

I will not support this company, either. I purchased a leather collar from them (my first 'legit' leather collar) and it bled. It got wet when I was bathing Lizzie and it bled alot. I'm very glad it wasn't actually on her.

They did give me a refund, thankfully, but the way it was worded was they only gave me one because 'I was a good customer'.

My dogs are rough and tumble. I need leather collars that can handle that, so I went to another company and haven't had a bad experience yet. Lesson learned: leather collars CAN be sturdy and all leather collars are NOT created equal.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaNola View Post
Thanks for the opinions and experiences, everyone. I've decided not to purchase from them.
And if every time anyone asks a question about EL the threads go like this, no one on here will buy from them due to the drama surrounding it.

It doesn't have to be EL vs Paco every time on here when EL comes up.

We've been over it a thousand times. There's multiple threads and blogs and facebook pages and you've driven a good poster off the forum.

Let it go already. It's been two years; let's all just move on from this. You've won.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:36 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post

If I have a poor experience with a company and someone asks for opinions on said company, I want to help them make the best decision they can make. I work in accounting. I don't want people to spend their hard earned money on inferior products. Be a wise consumer. Read reviews.

My experience with Ella's Lead was so terrible I would never order from them again. It's a shame, too, because I have a rope lead from them I really like.
If all you want is "to save someone their hard earned money" then all you have to do is reply with the 2nd quoted paragraph. Instead you're, two years later, repeating the same schlop ad nauseam- citing threats, mistreatment, claiming they are thieves, and wallowing in any chance you can get to drag their name through the mud. That's not concern for potential customers, that's a vendetta. And when someone makes SO MUCH effort to make someone else look badly, I start to question *that* person's character and motive, NOT the company being badmouthed.

Yes, I like Rebecca. Yes, I like Ben. Yes, I am a huge fan of Ella's Lead and consider myself a friend to them. But even if I didn't, the horse is freakin' dead. You're bashing someone knowing **** well they are not here any longer to defend themselves, and let's face it - even if they were here to defend themselves they'de just be considered abrasive or rude for not bending over and grabbing their ankles. They can't win.

Like Nolu said, you won. You saved some poor unsuspecting customer from spending their hard earned money on a nice collar. Here's a cookie. MOVE ON.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
I need a signature re-vamp. Anyone up for the task?

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls
Old 09-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Top Dog

Oh yes, cause Jessie is the ONLY one that has had a bad experience with the company.

Actually I was the FIRST one to give them a bad review on this thread.

So...get over it...everyone likes something different and everyone's opinions are different. So..here's a cookie...move on. Geez. That sounds rude doesn't it.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

I never bought an EL collar, i know people, in person, who did, and they were, put lightly, crap, IMO, much like the cheap leather collars one gets at petsmart.

That aside I have never seen so many people get attacked over their opinion on some collars. Maybe this was two year old news to SOME of you, it isnt two year old reviews to some of us. Some of us are new, and I have to say that IME crappy product aside the comments that the owners themselves made on the screenshots turned me from EVER sending them a dime of my money.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfacedanes View Post
You're bashing someone knowing **** well they are not here any longer to defend themselves,.
Well, to be fair, most of the time, the owner of a company being reviewed is not a member of the forum where said review is taking place and don't get to defend their products. If someone posts "I really hate Hartz"for example, no one says "that's not nice, the manufacturer isn't here to defend their products". There will ALWAYS be good and bad reviews for any company..it's just part of having a business.

On topic, I do not personally have any experience with their products. I'm fairly picky about my leather collars and my dogs generally only get one each, so I figure I might as well get the ones I like and have experience with, so I know I'll be pleased.

ETA: there are lots of collar makers out there to experiment with. I do like the looks of Karma Collars' leather collars. But, as I mentioned, the dogs generally only get one leather collar (unless there is an awesome sale), so I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, lol.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post

It doesn't have to be EL vs Paco every time on here when EL comes up.
Except that the OP was asking specifically about the difference between EL/Paco. Nobody else made it about the two, other than the OP. So... yes... the thread WAS to be EL vs Paco.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13