Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum Help and Information

Old 09-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Big Dog

Default restrictions for new members for signatures?

I'm trying to figure out if their are restrictions in place for new members in regards to putting pictures in my signature. I tried like hell yesterday to get a picture uploaded in my signature and kept getting errors about size. I know the pictures I tried to upload are smaller than a lot of the sig pics I've seen for other members so I'm not sure why it's stopping me from uploading the pictures.

Just now I tried to upload some pictures to an album and it gave me an error there too. I know HOW to post, upload, link, etc photos on forums but I seem to be stopped from doing everything but posting pictures in threads and uploading an avatar right now. Makes me wonder if it's because I'm a new user or something else getting messed up.

Mostly just baffled with some of the sized photos in other peoples signatures and that the picture I'm trying to load, that I know is smaller, won't load.

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Twin 2

I believe more people you see (including me) don't upload a picture for a signature, but instead use the image link from a photohosting site like this:

[IMG] http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8259/8...86c97080_z.jpg [/IMG]

But without the spaces.

Same with pictures, most people on here upload them to Flickr and/or Photobucket and then post the image links here rather than use the onsite album
Old 09-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Big Dog

Tried that too and it says I can't use BBC code in my sig. I tried just about every method I know for putting in an image and it wouldn't let me. That's why I starting thinking it had to do with a restriction on my account as a new member maybe.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

What Linds said.

And you can also put text in there as well..

Old 09-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Top Dog

I couldn't, for the life of me, get a picture to upload for my signature, no matter the size. I did the same as Linds, uploaded on a third party site, and used the image link.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Big Dog

This is what happens when I attempt to insert an image as suggested.

So yeah, it's something about my account I think.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwall View Post

So yeah, it's something about my account I think.
I believe that is because you are in the "registered members" user group. The good news is that you are one post shy of being automatically "promoted" to the "community members" group. So, make a post. Any post. Once we approve it ("registered members" require all posts to be approved, "community members" bypass the moderation queue). Within an hour or so, you should be able to post without moderation and (hopefully) add your signature properly.

Edit: I've edited your signature to look like you requested above and it interprets your image URL as a URL. Once you get promoted, it should turn to a picture. We'll see. If it doesn't, I'll bring in the site admins to check it out.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
I believe that is because you are in the "registered members" user group. The good news is that you are one post shy of being automatically "promoted" to the "community members" group. So, make a post. Any post. Once we approve it ("registered members" require all posts to be approved, "community members" bypass the moderation queue). Within an hour or so, you should be able to post without moderation and (hopefully) add your signature properly.
Okay, random post so I can have a sig picture.

Boop!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Big Dog

Nope I've passed the magical number of ten posts and still won't let me link a picture. Same error as I print screened above. "BB code img is not allowed"
Old 09-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Ok, so that automatic promotion thing doesn't seem to have happened with you. I'm not sure if the script is stuck or what. I emailed our site admins to ask them to check the server and see what's up.

We'll get you squared away. Don't give up!