Ella's Lead collars?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I'm going to choke on all the passive-aggression in this thread, lol.

And that's saying a lot, given where I live I've built up a pretty high tolerance.
:rofl1::rofl1:

If there had been drink in my mouth, I'd have spit it out...

Flyinsbt

I don't support companies who steal designs from others.
I remember some drama about that, and it made me uncomfortable. And there was another thing that made me uncomfortable with supporting them, though it's probably really a personal overreaction, so I won't go into it. Anyway, I've just chosen to steer clear of the products, there are so many collar makers to choose from. Maybe they all have drama, but if I don't know it, I can remain happily oblivious.

My friend who owns Eva (Pi's sister) did choose to buy collars from Ella's Lead this year. I'd been teasing her to get Eva a fancy collar, and that was the company she liked, I guess. She likes the leather collar she got for Eva, and just chose to buy some for her other dogs, though she said the vegan one she bought Eva (because Eva swims a lot) is falling apart. I do not know if she mentioned it or asked for a refund.

I'm weaken by my day, I need some of your glue... rubber... screw it, get me a stout.
Or... OR... if you like cider, there is a pub down the street that makes a drink called a sweet potato that is a lovely amalgam of cider and lager.

Me when people start talking about Minnesota Nice...

All anyone needs to understand about Minnesota Nice is that it can peel off as easily as skin after a sunburn.

But then it magically rejuvenates itself, socially lubricating polite society until the next sunburn. :p

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Everyone likes to say EL stole designs.

There never was, nor ever has been any proof whatsoever that they did, aside from conjecture, as well as perhaps bad timing.

Sorry, but accusations of theft of artwork get me.

As well, there are only so many ways you can put conchos on a collar people.

Saeleofu

There never was, nor ever has been any proof whatsoever that they did, aside from conjecture, as well as perhaps bad timing.

This.

SpringerLover

I won a free collar in a contest years and years ago. It didn't fit my dog well and I didn't like the leather. I sent it with my GSD foster. I haven't seen it on her in a single picture so I don't know the status anymore.

I've had no reason to purchase a leather collar for my own dogs. I did purchase a collar from them for my old bosses dog, and I liked it a lot. My only complaint was how heavy it was... but it was a double layer so I think I was asking for that!

Red Chrome

I have to say, I thought that at first. But the evidence is pretty damning. And it seems that more than just the few here have had bad customer service, inferior products and threats issued to them. Here is a blog that came up through a very simple google search using the words.."Ellas Lead customer service reviews".

http://www.namastedogs.com/ellas-lead-why-i-wont-shop-there/

So. As I said before. Opinions, take them or leave them..but they can't be wrong, they're someone's original thoughts. Just sayin.

*Bad timing could happen once but repetively, over and over...well, that's more than bad timing.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I have to say, I thought that at first. But the evidence is pretty damning. And it seems that more than just the few here have had bad customer service, inferior products and threats issued to them. Here is a blog that came up through a very simple google search using the words.."Ellas Lead customer service reviews".

http://www.namastedogs.com/ellas-lead-why-i-wont-shop-there/

So. As I said before. Opinions, take them or leave them..but they can't be wrong, they're someone's original thoughts. Just sayin.

*Bad timing could happen once but repetively, over and over...well, that's more than bad timing.
I've seen that before as well. Meh.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Actually who cares?

They're strips of leather with fancy shiney on them. They ain't even that hard to make yourself if you have the tools..... Ya know.

There's a finite amount of places you can stick a shiney. And if they bear resemblance, well..... And what?

Until paco starts copywriting their designs (do they??) then sorry..

Also, the bad reviews from this forum were when THEY JUST SET UP THE COMPANY!!! Like brand new, hobby company. Yeah everyone screws up from time to time, quality ALWAYS improved in craft work.

And again, who cares, they're bits of cow with studs! Shop around for the best price and quality that suits you. I personally don't think you can claim a particular design as MINE unless there is something really unique about it, and it's copyrighted.

Red Chrome

It seems the people who support EL care. As I said, matter of opinions. Mine is different and NOT from when the company fastest started.

Right? This is making me laugh. Out of all the people making collars out there, no one has similar designs just because... this?

The first sketch of the design I sent in for Squash's custom collar, EL wouldn't do because it was too close to a competitor's design. At the time I had never seen a collar by the competitor in my life, so... yea it's not that unbelievable to me that more than one person would come up with similar designs since I apparently DID that. Obviously they are hypersensitive about it, though.

Accusations of theft are not opinions, and can be wrong. Just sayin. :)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Okay, I must say "oops, it just happened to look like that design" is a really lame excuse. (Additionally there are art laws and cease and desist laws can and have been filed amongst the collaring community)

That's like saying there are only so many ways to photograph or film or paint something. Talk about selling ones self short.

Sure, designs will be similar, sure they may draw from one another, but timing plays a part. Having just made my own leather collar from scratch and gone, crap, I need something to draw inspiration from, because I'm drawing a blank, I understand. In the end I copied the Xdog design, Denis copied nothing and his looks like nothing because it is a complete original.

To say a skilled artist is limited by their craft is wrong though, give me a subject and I will give you well over 100 ways to photograph it. Collar designs obviously are not stunted, judging by the variety of custom and standard designs.

Okay, I must say "oops, it just happened to look like that design" is a really lame excuse.
Like I said, I actually DID it, using a piece of jewelry I own as the inspiration for a design. So it just doesn't seem that unbelievable to me that two people just might come up with similar designs.

But it is pretty well known that I am a lame excuse for a human being, so maybe you are right. :)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
That says that artists have no talent, they merely luck into designs, yes? They don't spend time considering, researching, weighing options, they just throw **** together and say, take it or leave it?

Members online