Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Omg, our pre planning consists of....

Should we have kids? Yes.
When? Well we are both in 30s so not too long.

The end :D

The finer details are null and void. We aren't going to NOT have them because of planning, financing, etc etc. So we will just get on with it. We are financially secure. No mortgage etc. Lucky :) I want to take a year off work minimum, then go back part time or not at all. We will iron that out if we ever get pregnant.

Just get on with it don't you.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
You're just mean, Allison!

On the topic of planning, I find it rather silly that my membership to a local mom board is being delayed because I'm a year off of TTC and they aren't sure if they want someone on the board that far off from being preggers or a mom. >.< Argh! It's the best place to get info on pricing and reputation of doulas and other pregnancy/birth/parenting services!

On the topic of planning, I find it rather silly that my membership to a local mom board is being delayed because I'm a year off of TTC and they aren't sure if they want someone on the board that far off from being preggers or a mom. >.< Argh! It's the best place to get info on pricing and reputation of doulas and other pregnancy/birth/parenting services!
Are you in baby center Canada? That's where I found my birth month group.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
No - this is a site that is only for folks around my area of NC.

I *am* on mothering.com and have been for about 3 years no, but was hoping for local specifics from this other board. :)

Paige

Let it be
The babywearer is a pretty awesome forum if you aren't over there. All different sorts discussing all different kinds of things.

No - this is a site that is only for folks around my area of NC.

I *am* on mothering.com and have been for about 3 years no, but was hoping for local specifics from this other board. :)
I feel like I've asked you that before. Sometimes I have like I have baby induced dementia...

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Well last night was Nico's second night in his own room. The first night he woke up only once to feed. Last night he slept the entire night. THis is the first time in Well over a year that I got to sleep through the entire night. WOW Forgot what it feels like to sleep all night. lol

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
This is such BS - I was denied for the local forum because my "timetable for TTC" isn't acceptable to them. :( what.the.heck?!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Not making my own - that defeats the point - I need feedback on several service providers, so I need an established, LOCAL group. :p Specifically, I'm looking for recommendations and pricing.

And they ask about a billion questions when you apply and since I checked "no kids" I explained my current situation. I could be sneaky and come up with a fake name and use a different email, but meh.

Just annoying.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew

That's stupid.. I could understand if it was say, 5 years out.. but a year?! Come on. :rolleyes:

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
yeah that is nuts. what are they afraid of?
They has the secrets!!!! She might steal them and use them to.... Errr.... I have no answer :confused:

I didn't even think about lying about the ttc date, I'm like an angel you see. Clearly K9 is a very bad influence! Lol.

k9krazee

I didn't even think about lying about the ttc date, I'm like an angel you see. Clearly K9 is a very bad influence! Lol.
haha! I was just shocked you didn't suggest it!

See how I used "misrepresent" instead of "lie"?! lol

But REALLY. Wouldn't you rather people start researching a couple years out instead of the 9 months during pregnancy?! It makes no sense to not let someone in. Maybe it's because you can only gleam info and wouldn't be able to give first hand contributions to the discussions? Still stupid.

Taqroy

This is such BS - I was denied for the local forum because my "timetable for TTC" isn't acceptable to them. :( what.the.heck?!
Um wtf. I would look for a different (read: sane) group. That's just rude. Do you have friends with kids in your area that could join a group and have you tag along? If you have a local babywearing group they are usually chock full of people that use doulas and birth centers and other crunchy things. The one here scares me, I haven't been to any of their meetings. Lol.

milos_mommy

I know mostly everyone here breast feeds, but has anyone had really increased ovulation pain after having a baby? I've always had slight pain with it, but the other day when I went to the dr thinking I had an infection, she said it was ovulation pain.

It's been going on for like 4 days now, and has switched from one side to the other. I'm pretty sure I ovulated twice the month Lillian was conceived, though. I don't know, but it's annoying.

Members online