Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

As much as I love my collar from EL, mine does bleed pretty bad. That's one of the reasons Talon doesn't wear it in the water anymore. I put it on, he swims, and he comes out with red all over his neck. First time I thought he had cut himself lol Mine is an old collar though, had it for a while. So maybe the new ones don't bleed as bad? Or maybe it's just this specific collar (red)?

Wanted to add that I will be purchasing a collar from them in the future.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Twin 2.0

I'm not the collar fanatic that others on here are, so I have no collars from them. However, the Marri's Lead Babyblues bought for me YEARS ago from them is still in excellent condition, despite the daily abuse it goes through.

I'm trying to come up with a design I like to order some collars and I'll be going through EL.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaNola View Post
Wow, I was just asking for opinions on the collars, not an argument. I love collars as much as the next person (haha, obviously), but they're just collars. No reason to fight about it. Sorry for the upset!
We probably should have warned you what was going to happen. But seriously, this isn't even arguing for us. This was short and sweet. And civil. Everyone gets a cookie for their good behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberH View Post
Rebecca offered to put the spots back in place for $5. I didn't feel it was worth it to pay the shipping and I did it myself, twice.

However, this spot popping has happened to several of my collars from several different companies so I've just decided that my dogs are too rough and cannot have pretty things any longer.
I'm sorry to hear that. My solution would be to buy the pretty collars anyway and only use them for going out; and then grab some cheap J&J rolled leather collars for daily use.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Top Dog

I was just stating my experience with the company and their products. Nothing more, nothing less. I have never received anything from another collar company for bad mouthing a different company. They may be good people to certain customers but others have opposite opinions.

It's merely a difference of opinions. Take it or leave it.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
I was just stating my experience with the company and their products. Nothing more, nothing less. I have never received anything from another collar company for bad mouthing a different company. They may be good people to certain customers but others have opposite opinions.

It's merely a difference of opinions. Take it or leave it.
This.

I've seen most people in this thread give bad reviews to other companies. Why is it OK then, but this company gets a bad review and they are obviously being "paid off" by another company :-/

Companies get bad reviews. They put on their big boy pants and continue on. I don't know that I can name any company that I HAVEN'T heard a bad review about.

That said, personally, I haven't had a problem with Ella's Lead. Rosey's collar lasted a few years. I also had coloured leather (pink), so I knew it wouldn't last AS long. That said, I've had friends had bad experiences. To each their own. I haven't bought since, but haven't really had a need for one. I can't say I'd buy again, but that's only because I really don't "get" spending that amount of monetly on collars unless they can easily be seen. (Though even then.),

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-04-2013, 07:45 PM
such sights to show you

I'm going to choke on all the passive-aggression in this thread, lol.

And that's saying a lot, given where I live I've built up a pretty high tolerance.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Oh, to add, I got much, much use out of their hands free lead, and would definitely get one of those again.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Resident fainting goat

I looked into the vegan collar when I was looking for a waterproof one for Merlin and I've heard they stand up very well!

Never ended up going through with it though (GSD lured me with the $12 price tag) lol
Old 09-04-2013, 07:57 PM
& the Muttly Crew

For a visual -- the service lead I mentioned earlier. These pics were taken when it arrived a couple years ago, but it looks the same now (though the dogs are greyer). This is the heavy black leather. For whatever it's worth, I've never noticed it bleeding, either on the brown dogs or on my hands (or clothes, if used as a hands-free). I don't exactly throw my leather into pools, but it's been out in light rain and heavy dew.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I'm going to choke on all the passive-aggression in this thread, lol.

And that's saying a lot, given where I live I've built up a pretty high tolerance.
The active aggression had me running for the hills.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.