Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 09-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

You guys are so awesome! You've inspired me to put together some little trick combinations! ^_^ Too bad there aren't really many competitions other than distance/Accuracy here. Still fun though
Old 09-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Top Dog

You guys all look amazing! Congrats on this weekend!

Sara, I love Zuma's freestyle song!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
You guys are so awesome! You've inspired me to put together some little trick combinations! ^_^ Too bad there aren't really many competitions other than distance/Accuracy here. Still fun though
Yay!! I'm sad you don't have much other than DA!

I have to come up with a Freestyle routine for Traveler, decided to enter him in the Oct comp. Not looking forward to memorizing two routines!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Yay!! I'm sad you don't have much other than DA!

I have to come up with a Freestyle routine for Traveler, decided to enter him in the Oct comp. Not looking forward to memorizing two routines!
We do have some freestyle ones on the other side of the state which is something to look at for next year at least.

Good luck with your second routine! I'm sure it will go well!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm All Ears

How is everything scored?
Old 09-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
How is everything scored?
Each venue has their own scoring system. Last weekend we did a UFO Major and an AWI Qualifier, so both have their own scoring.

Most venues score based on the following categories or some variation of them: creativity, teamwork, dog skills, handler skills, safety and catch ratio.

USDDN has the most subjective scoring system out there, they require 7 out of 9 items on their list to be completed in a freestyle routine.

Skyhoundz is the only venue that counts catch ratio directly into the freestyle score, the other venues use it as a tie-breaker.

Toss and catch is scored based on distance of the catch with bonus points given in most venues for all four feet off the ground or the dog landing in a bonus zone. The point values range per venue.

Most venues combine the freestyle score with the toss and catch score for an overall score. How they do this (double the freestyle score, include the second round, etc) is dependent on the venue. You will see Freestyle scores, Toss and catch scores and then an overall combined score for both.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 09-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I've been watching pawsitive vybe video's all day.

Now I have a ton of different things I want to work on with Talon. I'm going to put together a routine that no one will ever get to see lol Thanks Sara and Linds.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Top Dog

Ok, here is a session from the other day. Mostly things are going well, she figured out catching!! Yay. So that is pretty cool.

As you can see a few times she gets distracted (by the cat, etc) and drops the disc early. The first time for some reason I go pick it up (it's funny how I notice these things afterward watching the video), though in retrospect I definitely should have asked her to pick it up and bring it in. Then I get her to play some tug before throwing it to remind her that bringing it all the way in is fun (she can get a bit caught up in the chasing part of the game and forget the rest of it). Not sure if this was "right" but it seemed to work.

I really need to practice my throwing.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

She looks great!!! I love the leg weaves and her spins are awesome!

Honestly though, I would've split that session in half. Played for about a minute and 30 seconds, sent her off to sniff things or just to chill and then called her back after a few minutes for another short session. She started to disengage from you towards the end, so that's your cue that the next session needs to end sooner.

Love it though! Her retrieve is looking awesome, she's tracking the disc well, driving well ahead on the go-arounds. Very nice!

Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Top Dog

The Zoom Crew did awesome this weekend at our club's State Championships! It was a fun weekend full of disc dogging, drinking, camping, beer frisbee and cornhole. So much fun! The dogs and I are struggling to make it through this morning at work!

We brought home way too much hardware, but I'm glad we were able to end this season on an awesome note. We won't be competing locally next year except for qualifiers, as I would rather watch other teams win and help out the club by judging and being more involved with the behind the scenes at comps. We are going to step into the "big lake" next year more than we were able to this year by heading to the major qualifiers, out of state comps and hopefully a few National/World events as well.

Our results for the weekend:
Zuma - 2nd Open Freestyle, 3rd Open D/A, 3rd Open Overall
I didn't play Zuma on Sunday, rather borrowed her to two people that didn't have dogs of their own to play. She won the Men's Longshot division with a handler she's never played with before!

Zinga - 1st Open Freestyle, 2nd Open D/A, 1st Open Overall, 2nd Women's Longshot and the 2013 MNDDC State Champion!

Zip Tie - Zip played an awesome round of novice D/A with Tim, but placed just outside of the rankings. They made up for that though on Sunday with a 3rd place in Men's Longshot!