Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Top Dog

Rhys is going through a growth spurt or something and acting like demon spawn lol.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Top Dog

A few nights ago we had a big party at our house (a friend's birthday combined with my boyfriend's band's CD release party). So the whole band was up in our living room, including full drum kit, and probably 25+ people and various visiting dogs, big potluck dinner, and even a bunch of filming gear.

So pleased with Onyx! She just took it all in stride. Spent most of the time just sleeping on the couch. Good girl.

Jasper is totally used to this of course so it was old hat for him, and Yarrow just hid in "his" bathroom upstairs (that's where he goes whenever someone he doesn't know comes over). Onyx had never experienced that much action at our place before, so I wasn't sure how she'd handle it (especially the drum kit, sooo loud). So I was super happy!
Old 09-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Rhys is going through a growth spurt or something and acting like demon spawn lol.
My musing is the actual pronunciation of that name in unpronounceable to anyone who isn't welsh. I can't pronounce it lol.

You have to hock up the back of your throat and roll the R. The Y is more of an uuuuh noise, then obviously the s is an s

I would pronounce it Reese. Which is actually spelt Rees in Wales (that's not pronounced ree's, which I would probably say not being welsh!). And basically it's not pronounced Reese so that is incorrect. Although being English I've only heard it pronounced incorrectly as we can't pronounce it correctly!!!

So that's my factoid for the day!

Eta, it kind of sounds like chrusss. Kkkcccrrrusss.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 09-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Top Dog

I want to do more things with The Pup but working until 8pm every other week makes it hard to do any sort of class.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 09-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

Pre-register for DockDogs London next weekend and force myself to figure out logistics or wait and play it by ear? Hmmmm.....
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

ALLERGIES ARE EVIL.

Seriously. Cynder is scratching and licking and chewing. I bathed her last night and her coat looked great even before bathing. No dandruff, nice and shiny, no excessive shedding. When I blew her out I found three extremely tiny red spots that looked like either a pimple gone wrong or a small bug bite that may have been causing her itchiness, but the rest of her skin looked perfectly healthy and she doesn't even focus on those spots when she scratches.

Abrams has been scratching and chewing, too. His skin and coat also look healthy, and besides one healing spot on his leg (where the skin doesn't look irritated at all) there are no spots of irritation. I don't even know what his boggle is, unless his new adult coat/shedding is making him itchy.

WTH. They're on fish based, grain free foods, their coats look awesome, I bathe them at least once a month in either Allergroom or Allermyl, and they are STILL driving me batty with scratching. They don't have fleas, either, although I haven't put a preventative on them in a few months.

I forgot to give Cynder her Hydroxyzine last night before bed and she woke me up this morning scratching and licking. GAH.

Go away evil environmental triggers. Please, go away. Why do both of my dogs have to be so susceptible to you?

And then poor Gracie is still having problems. My mom lives out in the country and Gracie can't even step outside without breaking out. Mom doesn't really understand how to dose the Temaril-P effectively based on symptoms, but she's trying. She's bought her wipes for her belly and T-shirts to wear when she's outside in the tall grass. She cleared up for a bit, but when I was out there on Friday she was back to having a skin infection again and mom's going to have to start her on another round of antibiotics. So frustrating, especially since she's only 5 years old and I really don't want her to have to stay on steroids for the rest of her life. But she's miserable otherwise. *sigh*

Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
My musing is the actual pronunciation of that name in unpronounceable to anyone who isn't welsh. I can't pronounce it lol.

You have to hock up the back of your throat and roll the R. The Y is more of an uuuuh noise, then obviously the s is an s

I would pronounce it Reese. Which is actually spelt Rees in Wales (that's not pronounced ree's, which I would probably say not being welsh!). And basically it's not pronounced Reese so that is incorrect. Although being English I've only heard it pronounced incorrectly as we can't pronounce it correctly!!!

So that's my factoid for the day!

Eta, it kind of sounds like chrusss. Kkkcccrrrusss.
I have a Welsh friend who makes fun of us about it

We just keep it simple and pronounce it Reese. Mostly I just chose the spelling for uniqueness, and we are friends with a family whose last name is Reece, so we wanted it to be a little different.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia has barked for 2 hours straight for no reason....
Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 PM
orange iguanas.

It kind of amuses me that if we see ONE dog while going for a walk in our neighborhood, Juno totally zones in on it and wants to flip out.... but when we go for a walk around a very crowded trail and pass inches away from dozens of dogs, she completely ignores their existence?

It makes me look too good. My sister commented many times "she walks so nicely!" Yeah she generally does but these sorts of walks also generally include stares and raised hackles lol.

Unfortunately at the end of this walk, we walked to a Starbucks and I sat outside with Juno while my dad and sister went in to get coffee... and Juno sat at my feet trembling the whole time I felt like a horrible person for only having a couple treats on me. She's made a lot of progress in a lot of areas but I knew a crowded street corner in the city was likely going to be a bit too overwhelming for her. The only upside is that she at least chose to just sit at my feet instead of trying to make an escape.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 09-03-2013, 12:10 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I love my puppy. He is a big dumb annoying derp face, but he is MY big dumb annoying derp face. And he loves to learn, and play, and have fun and be stupid.

<3