Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Ok I have to wonder and this was one of te reasons I didn 't want to co sleep if I could help it... How are you able to be intimate with your spouse while co sleeping?
Well, I can count on one hand how many times we've done it since she was born but mostly we shower together with Everleigh in her bouncy chair on the bathroom floor. We've always been on opposite pages anyways-- he's a morning guy and I prefer nighttime sex so this was always our compromise.

But you find ways. Ev on one side of the bed...us standing on the opposite side of the bed....
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Top Dog

You get creative - we only partially cosleep, as in she's put down in her bassinet and then after her 1st night feeding remains in bed...so typically we do it after she's asleep but before she's in bed with us. This morning we started out on the bed - I know some people are weirded out by that but she's 2 months old and sound asleep, not like she knows what's going on even if she wakes up - but once things got a little more intense we moved to the floor. It's rare we wake up before her, though.

We cosleep and still manage to be intimate 3-5 times a week.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Top Dog

Woot! Go MM!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 09-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Vizsla mom

I find it weird to kiss my boyfriend when the dog is looking at us ..there's no way I could do it with a baby judging us LOL!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Ah ok makes sense. I always just picture baby right in the middle of the bed and I think now it's hard for me to remember just how soundly babies sleep lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-01-2013, 11:07 AM
PSD Partner

Nico is growing up WAY too fast. Doug and I found a really cheap car ($275) on a mom swap site I am on. The guy was selling it because the part was cheap for the fix but the time to fix it would have cost over $2000 at a mechanics shop. So we got it because the truck we have guzzles gas. Anyway we got it fixed for $95 and it runs great and is great on gas, saving us tons for the trips to pick up my daughter. Anyway long story short when we were transferring the car seat from the truck to the car Doug mentioned that we should start looking at finding Nico his next car seat. In our province they can be in a forward facing car seat when they turn one & are 22lbs and are walking. Nico is 2 months shy of 1, 2 lbs shy of the 22lbs mark and he is already trying to stand without holding anything and can walk short distances if you are holding one hand. Time has sure flown by. He is progressing from the baby stage to the toddler stage. I wish time would slow down. lol
Old 09-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Ah ok makes sense. I always just picture baby right in the middle of the bed and I think now it's hard for me to remember just how soundly babies sleep lol
Well, when we bed share, Everleigh is on my right, I'm in the middle, dh is on my left. So we just crowd on to his side of the bed as far as we can. LOL

Old 09-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

Just want to mention, just because LEGALLY they can be turned at a certain age doesn't mean they should be. Rear facing is still much safer at that age.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Top Dog

I was really surprised when I saw a pic of a friend's 8 month old niece forward facing in NZ. If Lillian keeps growing at this rate she'll be rear facing til she's 4 lol

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Just want to mention, just because LEGALLY they can be turned at a certain age doesn't mean they should be. Rear facing is still much safer at that age.
^This. My best friend is a carseat tech and she says the AAP now is recommending kids rearface until AT LEAST 2yo.

AAP's Car Seat Safety Info