Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I would've gotten my hide tanned if I had treated another kid like that of if I was the older brother of that older girl & I let it happen, I would have gotten my hide tanned also. I would have gotten the "so you want to treat others badly do you? Well let's see how you like it." Kind of medicine :P.

Which is what I think kids are missing these days
Oh but you can hit them its demeaning and demoralizing. I would had a tanned hide as well, and knew it so I didn't do crap like that, ever. And my kid knows he would have, and still would, have a tanned hide as well.

Yes kids can be jerks, absolutely, but why wasn't anyone at all watching them to stop it when it started? Why were they left up to their own devices long enough for this to go on? Even if a parent wasn't standing right there when Mackenzie start crying why wasn't someone in earshot? When my son was that young and went to the park to play I could still hear him. And if he started being an asshat I corrected him, if other kids started being asshats I stepped in and removed Alex, it's my job as his parent to correct his bad behaviours and protect him from other kids who are "just being kids".
Old 08-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Top Dog

I don't think physical discipline is necessary for children to exhibit proper behavior.

Children are powerful influences on one another, which is why, I am guessing, the younger girls were acting out (it seems the older boy was instigating). Proper supervision, however, could have prevented this. The parents were unaware because no one was watching. I cannot imagine allowing a three year old to run amok alone and unwatched...
Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
I don't think physical discipline is necessary for children to exhibit proper behavior.

Children are powerful influences on one another, which is why, I am guessing, the younger girls were acting out (it seems the older boy was instigating). Proper supervision, however, could have prevented this. The parents were unaware because no one was watching. I cannot imagine allowing a three year old to run amok alone and unwatched...
This.
those children should've been supervised. This is a horrible situation that NEVER should have happened.
The fact that children that young are at it like this is concerning, the whole LOT needs therapy.
hate like that towards others (especially when it manifests into bullying of that degree) is a learned behavior.

I don't think teaching your kid with physical violence is a good lesson towards teaching them that physical violence is not a way to deal with problems.

(don't get me wrong..my parents were heavy handed with punishments as well and as they say "I TURNED OUT JUST FINE!" but I think as we learn more and evolve more it's perhaps time to consider that children are also people..and can be reasoned with, spoken to, taught and understood without hitting them)
Old 08-29-2013, 12:10 AM
Professional Nerd

I'm glad the parents are involved. I'm still upset about the girl playing in the street. Who else had a heart attack when they saw that?
Old 09-01-2013, 04:39 AM
Obey the Toad.

Who the hell leaves a 3 year old unsupervised outside long enough for this to happen?!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
I'm glad the parents are involved. I'm still upset about the girl playing in the street. Who else had a heart attack when they saw that?
Maybe it was one of those really quiet neighborhoods where there isn't a lot of traffic going through? I will confess I didn't get through the whole video because it was very upsetting :/.

Quote:
Grab I don't think physical discipline is necessary for children to exhibit proper behavior.

I do agree with the fact that supervision is the missing link here ... I have seen way to many ill behaved kids not to think that an ass whooping would set many kids straight is silly IMHO