My Bullterrier stretching his legs

El Alano

Cheers both of you! I've got to come clean and confess he was being held back so he wouldn't catch me.

Barb04-My hamstrings are still complaining a week after the run!

Tashapaws-Yeah, "A sunday stroll" was a funny title for it, I thought:) Do you know what your Podenco mix is crossed with? My boy is a Bodeguero/Podenco cross in my avatar with Fausty.

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
I have no idea of Natasha's heritage, but I suspect her to be a mix with galgo and pointer.
And yep, I read in your introduction you also have a podenco cross, I wanted to comment, but I wasn't going to revive a thread from months ago :3
What's your boy's name, by the way? :)

El Alano

I have no idea of Natasha's heritage, but I suspect her to be a mix with galgo and pointer.
And yep, I read in your introduction you also have a podenco cross, I wanted to comment, but I wasn't going to revive a thread from months ago :3
What's your boy's name, by the way? :)
My little fella is called Randhir (pronounced Runty), in honour of my Indian partner's dad:lol-sign:who is none too pleased his daughter is with a white man, so he now has a canine namesake!

Lots of Podencos are just discarded in the mountains where my vid was filmed, just left there by hunters:mad:. If I had more room....

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
Wow, I'm sure he didn't like the name. Isn't it sorta... confusing? o.o

I know. About six months after we adopted Tasha, there was a litter of podenco mixes abandoned in the mountains. The local rescue got all six and most of them have a home by now. I'm in Spain, so I know what it is. I've even seen a female beezer around the town, tried to get her near me to take her to the rescue, but no luck. Someone I know gained her trust, though, and she's now adopted.
But yeah, podencos situation it's not the best. I hope that, someday, it all stops. As long as they have the righst stimulation and the right owner, they can make beautiful pets.

Edit: So, right, I just read in your introduction you are also in Spain. ^^" What a curious conversation... but not strange, really, because lots of podencos are being sent to other countries in hopes of finding good forever-homes.

El Alano

Wow, I'm sure he didn't like the name. Isn't it sorta... confusing? o.o

I know. About six months after we adopted Tasha, there was a litter of podenco mixes abandoned in the mountains. The local rescue got all six and most of them have a home by now. I'm in Spain, so I know what it is. I've even seen a female beezer around the town, tried to get her near me to take her to the rescue, but no luck. Someone I know gained her trust, though, and she's now adopted.
But yeah, podencos situation it's not the best. I hope that, someday, it all stops. As long as they have the righst stimulation and the right owner, they can make beautiful pets.

Edit: So, right, I just read in your introduction you are also in Spain. ^^" What a curious conversation... but not strange, really, because lots of podencos are being sent to other countries in hopes of finding good forever-homes.
Our dream is to have a big place here where we can add to our current 5. Lots of Podencos and Galgos will probably be the order of the day as there are so many of them needing rescuing.

Natasha's a beauty, by the way!

ETA My partner's dad doesn't know:lol-sign:but her mom finds it very funny.

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
Thanks! Rhandir is also handsome, with that mask ^^

I hope you can someday do it, and you can give a better life for all those fantastic dogs needing a home. I don't think I'll ever have more than one dog at time, and I'm not even thiking of next dog, but I'll go the rescue route again. I don't think I could live with a full beezer, but a mix? Or a galgo? Natasha's got me in love with these hunting dogs.

But it is an entirely different conversation, and this topic was about your Faustino. :)
Do you have any picture thread?

El Alano

Thanks! Rhandir is also handsome, with that mask ^^

I hope you can someday do it, and you can give a better life for all those fantastic dogs needing a home. I don't think I'll ever have more than one dog at time, and I'm not even thiking of next dog, but I'll go the rescue route again. I don't think I could live with a full beezer, but a mix? Or a galgo? Natasha's got me in love with these hunting dogs.

But it is an entirely different conversation, and this topic was about your Faustino. :)
Do you have any picture thread?
Don't worry, nobody ever wants to talk about Randhir; everyone wants to talk about my bull breeds or my big handsome Malamute. Randhir passes under everyone's radar:(

I'll try and get a pic thread up of the little tinker;)

Great video!.
Where do you,both,live in Spain!.
I live in the neighbour country,north of Spain!.
My neighbour adopted a brindle Galgo and she is super social and a kisser.She's,always off the leash cos she has a great recall,for a sighthound.

El Alano

Great video!.
Where do you,both,live in Spain!.
I live in the neighbour country,north of Spain!.
My neighbour adopted a brindle Galgo and she is super social and a kisser.She's,always off the leash cos she has a great recall,for a sighthound.
Thanks;) I'm down south in Cadiz province, and we'll be looking to move to France just as soon as we can, funnily enough.:)

Members online

No members online now.