Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

I ordered one from GDS, but it was a leather collar, by Filson. I will NEVER buy from them again. The collar saw all of two months of wear and is falling apart. I've been able to stave off it's eventual destruction with frequent oiling and cleaning, but I won't let her wear it if she needs to be leashed onto it, because I'm afraid the leather will break. It's been in water once, but was already falling apart at that point. Other than the water, all it did was sit on her neck.

I want to take the plate off and have another leather collar maker attach it. I'm so upset about it because I paid well above the biothane collars because I wanted leather and brass. I don't blame GDS, but it's ridiculous that she should get two months of wear out of a LEATHER and BRASS collar.

Ugh.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
I ordered one from GDS, but it was a leather collar, by Filson. I will NEVER buy from them again. The collar saw all of two months of wear and is falling apart. I've been able to stave off it's eventual destruction with frequent oiling and cleaning, but I won't let her wear it if she needs to be leashed onto it, because I'm afraid the leather will break. It's been in water once, but was already falling apart at that point. Other than the water, all it did was sit on her neck.

I want to take the plate off and have another leather collar maker attach it. I'm so upset about it because I paid well above the biothane collars because I wanted leather and brass. I don't blame GDS, but it's ridiculous that she should get two months of wear out of a LEATHER and BRASS collar.

Ugh.
Ew, that's crappy. Yeah I wouldn't choose to go there for leather but their water/biothane collars are amazing.

I'm kind of wanting another color. I wish Jackson looked good in bright green. But green is not really his color.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post

Ugh.
Did you call GDS and complain to them?

That said, Nico's collar came today and I like it WAY more than I thought I would. I got it just for when we go on trips or to areas where he will be off leash, but I am actually really liking it for day to day now. (She says after one day...)
Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
Did you call GDS and complain to them?

That said, Nico's collar came today and I like it WAY more than I thought I would. I got it just for when we go on trips or to areas where he will be off leash, but I am actually really liking it for day to day now. (She says after one day...)
I sent them an email, and left a poor review on their website, but no, I haven't called them yet. I guess I need to dig up my original order and call them about it.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:40 AM
Top Dog

For those who have Paco Collars and these boathane collars,do they size them,the same way?.
I do have hunting collars but they are very stiff plastic thus marking the dog's neck and wondered if these were stiff.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Top Dog

Anybody know a Canadian supplier of biothane collars, or GDS 'sister'? I'm not going to spend 25 bucks shipping a $12 collar to Canada.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by straw View Post
Anybody know a Canadian supplier of biothane collars, or GDS 'sister'? I'm not going to spend 25 bucks shipping a $12 collar to Canada.
canadiangundogsupply.com

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DogWalkies
Dog walkies is in canada and makes biothane collars and leashes.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by straw View Post
http://https://sites.google.com/site...gcustomleather

She also has a fb page. Look up first dog custom leather.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 09-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

Thank you everybody!