Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 08-28-2013, 12:30 AM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,221
Default

I ordered one from GDS, but it was a leather collar, by Filson. I will NEVER buy from them again. The collar saw all of two months of wear and is falling apart. I've been able to stave off it's eventual destruction with frequent oiling and cleaning, but I won't let her wear it if she needs to be leashed onto it, because I'm afraid the leather will break. It's been in water once, but was already falling apart at that point. Other than the water, all it did was sit on her neck.

I want to take the plate off and have another leather collar maker attach it. I'm so upset about it because I paid well above the biothane collars because I wanted leather and brass. I don't blame GDS, but it's ridiculous that she should get two months of wear out of a LEATHER and BRASS collar.

Ugh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-28-2013, 12:35 AM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
I ordered one from GDS, but it was a leather collar, by Filson. I will NEVER buy from them again. The collar saw all of two months of wear and is falling apart. I've been able to stave off it's eventual destruction with frequent oiling and cleaning, but I won't let her wear it if she needs to be leashed onto it, because I'm afraid the leather will break. It's been in water once, but was already falling apart at that point. Other than the water, all it did was sit on her neck.

I want to take the plate off and have another leather collar maker attach it. I'm so upset about it because I paid well above the biothane collars because I wanted leather and brass. I don't blame GDS, but it's ridiculous that she should get two months of wear out of a LEATHER and BRASS collar.

Ugh.
Ew, that's crappy. Yeah I wouldn't choose to go there for leather but their water/biothane collars are amazing.

I'm kind of wanting another color. I wish Jackson looked good in bright green. But green is not really his color.
__________________
Brit & Jackson
~ It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas ~

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Hillside's Avatar
Hillside Hillside is offline
Original Twin
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 3,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
I ordered one from GDS, but it was a leather collar, by Filson. I will NEVER buy from them again. The collar saw all of two months of wear and is falling apart. I've been able to stave off it's eventual destruction with frequent oiling and cleaning, but I won't let her wear it if she needs to be leashed onto it, because I'm afraid the leather will break. It's been in water once, but was already falling apart at that point. Other than the water, all it did was sit on her neck.

I want to take the plate off and have another leather collar maker attach it. I'm so upset about it because I paid well above the biothane collars because I wanted leather and brass. I don't blame GDS, but it's ridiculous that she should get two months of wear out of a LEATHER and BRASS collar.

Ugh.
Did you call GDS and complain to them?

That said, Nico's collar came today and I like it WAY more than I thought I would. I got it just for when we go on trips or to areas where he will be off leash, but I am actually really liking it for day to day now. (She says after one day...)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
Did you call GDS and complain to them?

That said, Nico's collar came today and I like it WAY more than I thought I would. I got it just for when we go on trips or to areas where he will be off leash, but I am actually really liking it for day to day now. (She says after one day...)
I sent them an email, and left a poor review on their website, but no, I haven't called them yet. I guess I need to dig up my original order and call them about it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-31-2013, 07:40 AM
golden&hovawart's Avatar
golden&hovawart golden&hovawart is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 86,Fr
Posts: 638
Default

For those who have Paco Collars and these boathane collars,do they size them,the same way?.
I do have hunting collars but they are very stiff plastic thus marking the dog's neck and wondered if these were stiff.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:21 PM
straw straw is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 334
Default

Anybody know a Canadian supplier of biothane collars, or GDS 'sister'? I'm not going to spend 25 bucks shipping a $12 collar to Canada.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:30 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straw View Post
Anybody know a Canadian supplier of biothane collars, or GDS 'sister'? I'm not going to spend 25 bucks shipping a $12 collar to Canada.
canadiangundogsupply.com
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:35 PM
ruffiangirl ruffiangirl is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posts: 1,681
Default

http://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DogWalkies
Dog walkies is in canada and makes biothane collars and leashes.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:06 AM
HayleyMarie's Avatar
HayleyMarie HayleyMarie is offline
Like a bat outa' hell
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beautiful British Columbia!!
Posts: 6,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by straw View Post
Anybody know a Canadian supplier of biothane collars, or GDS 'sister'? I'm not going to spend 25 bucks shipping a $12 collar to Canada.
http://https://sites.google.com/site...gcustomleather

She also has a fb page. Look up first dog custom leather.
__________________


Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-03-2013, 09:27 AM
straw straw is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 334
Default

Thank you everybody!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site