Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-22-2013, 04:36 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Default Drug dog behaviours

I was watching a show that had boarder payroll dogs on it. Do all drug dogs put their feet on the vehicles to get a better smell? I know they have a job to do but I would be pissed if they scratched my car. What about the high end cars that I'm sure come through? What would they do if a dog left a noticeable mark on the vehicle?

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 08-22-2013, 05:59 PM
On second thought...

Well, I have no formal knowledge in this, but I don't think it's very unusual since I've seen several documentaries and real footage of patrol dogs putting their feet up for better leverage.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Top Dog

I don't know much about cars, but I've had A LOT of dogs jump up on my cars while working in rescue, and have never seen one scratch the car. I'm not sure how likely that is.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm All Ears

All I know is in nosework your dog is not allowed to damage anything they're searching (scratch or whatnot).
Old 08-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't know much about cars, but I've had A LOT of dogs jump up on my cars while working in rescue, and have never seen one scratch the car. I'm not sure how likely that is.
My car is pretty scratched up on one door from one of the dogs at the barn jumping up on it out of excitement (because she's one of the few dogs in the world that actually LIKES Meg). I don't think it is much of a leap to think those dogs might be scratching cars. I've never really thought about it.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK View Post
I was watching a show that had boarder payroll dogs on it. Do all drug dogs put their feet on the vehicles to get a better smell? I know they have a job to do but I would be pissed if they scratched my car. What about the high end cars that I'm sure come through? What would they do if a dog left a noticeable mark on the vehicle?
Realistically, the response would be "deal with it yourself, we're not at fault."
Old 08-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
My Caliber was pretty scratched up from dogs jumping on it. But I didn't really care, since it had an enormous scratch on it from a trash can experiment mishap. And the cosmetic issues were the least of its problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Realistically, the response would be "deal with it yourself, we're not at fault."
Yeah, probably this.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:02 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

If they're searching your car in earnest for drugs, they're also tearing apart the interior.