Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2013, 08:21 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Our list: exposure to equipment, mainly tunnels and jumps. 2o2o and lid work. building drive for a treat pouch. jump sends (working up to two jumps). jump work side to side. ladder work for rear end awareness. go all the places for confidence building and focus work. oh, and flatwork and front crosses.
Honestly if you're not keeping her and want her to go to a real agility home, I would be careful about which foundations you do.

Socialization and super duper focus and recall and toy drive, confidence going through things like tunnels (collapsed and open), wobble boards, ladders, go to place -- all that is great. I would be more careful about things like jump training, 2o2o, etc. on actual equipment though since if your way of doing it is different than someone else's, they may well think twice before taking her on since they they need to retrain as well as build foundations...a lot more work.

Just my two cents though so take it for what it's worth

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13