Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8201  
Old 08-22-2013, 10:40 AM
CaliTerp07's Avatar
CaliTerp07 CaliTerp07 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,652
Default

Petty, but I've been on the phone with staples customer service for 45 minutes now, trying to convert my account to a teacher rewards card so I can get extra rebates on the $100's I'm about to spend on school supplies for my classroom.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD? WHY DOES IT TAKE 3 MANAGERS TO CHECK A BOX THAT SAYS "TEACHER"?

I should have just created a brand new account, but I thought this would be easier.
__________________


Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Reply With Quote
  #8202  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Grab's Avatar
Grab Grab is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Really feeling self conscious about getting dressed and going outside today.

I've been commented on the fact that I'm overweight twice in one week. You read that right.

Last weekend at my lure coursing trial I was chatting with one of the ladies there while we were watching some of the dogs run. Out of the blue she says "so do you always have trouble finding pants that fit you right?" I was a bit taken back so my response was "huh?" To which she added "have you always been a bit heavy in the middle?" What the hell???? I didn't know what to say. I haven't always been overweight. Hell I used to run a lot when I was younger and was pretty darn fit.

Then last night my parents took me out to eat. I got up to go to the bathroom and one of the hostess girls stopped me because she wanted to see my tattoos. Then she smiles and says "wow your tattoos look amazing and you pull them off SO well especially considering how overweight you are."

I ended up boxing up most of my meal because that really bothered me. I struggle with my weight bad. I'm not overweight to the extreme, but I'm medically considered obese and have a tough time losing it. I may lose 20lbs but I can't seem to get past that 20lb mark even when I try hard.
I have never heard of adults being so rude.... I'm extremely nonconfrontational, but I'd have had a hard time biting my tongue in either occasion. And I'd likely have reported the latter to her manager. If she went up to a customer and said "wow, amazing that your tattoos/piercings look so good when your face is so hideous", it would not be considered acceptable. Other physical appearances should be no different.
I cannot stand when people have no flters as to what is and is not appropriate to say, as if they never grew out of toddlerhood.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8203  
Old 08-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Grab's Avatar
Grab Grab is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,117
Default

My morning vent is: why are toddlers so darned persnickity?! I don't go in until 1 today, so Clive does not have to go to daycare until 10ish (you can't drop them off between 11-2 due to lunch and naptimes), so the morning is quite leisurely. You'd think he'd be happy..but no...he woke up crabby and whiny, then wanted to play trains but couldn't find one of the cars he wanted. He wanted to watch Thomas, but wouldn't point out which episode he wanted to watch. Blah.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8204  
Old 08-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Airn's Avatar
Airn Airn is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 1,018
Default

Ugh. My roommate is being a total ass to our foster dog. He said it would be fine. He allowed me to get her. And now he is just being a total dick to her.

NO you can't spray her with a spray bottle every time she whines. It works because you're scaring the **** out of her. If I sprayed you with a spray bottle every time you opened your mouth, you'd shut up pretty quickly to.

She KNOWS you don't like her. Stop saying it. She is NOT that bad. It's been two days. TWO DAYS. Christ, give her a few days to figure everything out.

Honestly, I don't know that I'll foster after her. I enjoy it and it makes me feel like a productive member of my community but if my roommate can't stop being a total douche to our fosters, I don't think I can continue.

It's not her fault. And every time he's mean to her I just see her as a toddler and it reaffirms why I don't want children with this person.

It's not like Gwen was easy when we first got her. She destroyed a whole bathroom before we got anywhere with her behavior issues.

I don't understand how he can be empathic towards someone who has messed up their own life beyond repair, but be a dick to this poor dog. Maybe she's not messed up enough.

Ugh.
Reply With Quote
  #8205  
Old 08-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Babyblue5290's Avatar
Babyblue5290 Babyblue5290 is offline
Happy Meal. Yum.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,044
Default

Great start to my morning, I got rear-ended by a girl who was not paying attention to all the "bridge is closed, expect delays" "stopped traffic ahead" signs and was going about 40 mph before slamming on her breaks and hitting my stopped car. wtf.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8206  
Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Dogs6's Avatar
Dogs6 Dogs6 is offline
Plus One
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,103
Default

Super annoyed. Had an interview for a college course i really wanted to do. They told me they'd rin me back around 4 and it's now almost 6pm and nothing. I need to get onto this course. I'm going to check out another course at another college tonight but I'd rather do the first course. I'm so disappointed.
Reply With Quote
  #8207  
Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
Great start to my morning, I got rear-ended by a girl who was not paying attention to all the "bridge is closed, expect delays" "stopped traffic ahead" signs and was going about 40 mph before slamming on her breaks and hitting my stopped car. wtf.
GO GET MEDICALLY CHECKED OUT! Seriously. This is the EXACT same accident, right down to the speed they were going that I've been in twice now and you're in for a very rough time. Go find a good chiropractor to get you realigned, because even though you may feel "ok" now, tomorrow and each day after is going to suck hardcore.

I know it sounds petty, but make a paper trail of treatment you need/receive. This can go on for quite some time. It's now been a full year since my last accident and I'm still under care for it. The claim that will be going to the other guy's insurance is going to be less than pretty but he ruined a good few months of my life and I'll never been fully the same.
Reply With Quote
  #8208  
Old 08-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
Nuke it from orbit ...
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Ugh. My roommate is being a total ass to our foster dog. He said it would be fine. He allowed me to get her. And now he is just being a total dick to her.

NO you can't spray her with a spray bottle every time she whines. It works because you're scaring the **** out of her. If I sprayed you with a spray bottle every time you opened your mouth, you'd shut up pretty quickly to.

She KNOWS you don't like her. Stop saying it. She is NOT that bad. It's been two days. TWO DAYS. Christ, give her a few days to figure everything out.

Honestly, I don't know that I'll foster after her. I enjoy it and it makes me feel like a productive member of my community but if my roommate can't stop being a total douche to our fosters, I don't think I can continue.

It's not her fault. And every time he's mean to her I just see her as a toddler and it reaffirms why I don't want children with this person.

It's not like Gwen was easy when we first got her. She destroyed a whole bathroom before we got anywhere with her behavior issues.

I don't understand how he can be empathic towards someone who has messed up their own life beyond repair, but be a dick to this poor dog. Maybe she's not messed up enough.

Ugh.
Geeze what. A. Douche! Your nice then I am, I would have knocked the **** out of him.
__________________
If there are any typos, it means I am on my phone LOL



Reply With Quote
  #8209  
Old 08-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,576
Default

My co-worker asked me if he could help and I said only if he had access to a loaded gun.
He said even if he did have access to one he wouldn't let me have it.

He never lets me have ANY fun.
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8210  
Old 08-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Airn's Avatar
Airn Airn is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 1,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My co-worker asked me if he could help and I said only if he had access to a loaded gun.
He said even if he did have access to one he wouldn't let me have it.

He never lets me have ANY fun.
I'm not sure if you're against medicine for depression but Wal Mart has a $4 plan that several depression meds are on. Or $10 ones as well. Still have to go to a doctor but... It doesn't have to be expensive.

If you don't want to do that, ignore me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site