Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Big Dog

I just had a scramble for lunch.

Oh, and I've lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks. Feels pretty good!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Silence! I ban you!

I got me a running partner starting tonight
Old 08-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Aware

Blah.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"

Last edited by Julee; 08-21-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
I got me a running partner starting tonight
Had a good run. This should be fun. We went a little slower than I was used to going, but that's fine. He's already talking about running tomorrow with me, too. I also did the "total body 2" routine before the run. Good day overall.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I am so frustrated. The scale is still not budging. I don't know if I am changing my shape... I guess that's a progress to be seen over a longer period of time.

I am tracking my food, I am definitely in a caloric deficit without eating too little. I eat a lot of protein, veggies, and some good carbs. I drink lots of water. I do cheat a little on the weekends, but really a little. I measure out a serving of what I cheat on and that's it. Yesterday I walked past the most amazing glazed donuts in the breakroom. And it wasn't even that hard. I am definitely mentally there, I just don't know. I was thinking of trying to do the whole 30, but the thought of not even being able to put a little bit of sweetener or milk in my coffee is just so uggggh (that's the only time I use milk a day. I might have a diet soda every other day. I know, but that's my guilty pleasure).

I am working out harder, too. Running longer, faster... Took up spinning, which kicked my butt last night. I am getting stronger, I upped my weights a bit.... But the scale. I just want to weigh less.

And then I talked to some coworkers and they were all like "you need to join crossfit!" Thanks, no I don't. And "I lost 5 lbs each month for the past 4 months". Yeah, great, I'm happy for you. You are such a man. And then go ahead and tell me again that it's not any different for a woman to try to shed some pounds and a man.

On the bright side, I signed up for a 5k.I am even considering doing the zombie 5k, too.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Jules, can you tell me more about your calories? What about your other macros? How much fat, protein, and carbs?
Have you done your TDEE/BMR, where are you in comparison? http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Can you map out your activity for me... which days do you run, how much, what you're doing on strength training days... it takes troubleshooting sometimes.

If you're noticing you're getting stronger, changes are happening. The scale will lie to you. Are you doing measurements? The idea of wrapping a measuring tape around my thunder thighs is about the LAST thing in the world I want to do, but you might want to track measurements and you can see where the changes are taking place. Take pictures so you can compare photos. I know none of that helps when the scale isn't moving at all and you want to see it move, but it's a start, and a way to visualize your progress.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-22-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm All Ears

Jules, PCOS sucks. Not only is it harder for a woman to lose, it's harder for us PCOS'ers to lose. Double whammy so they can just suck it.

I. feel. dead. We did bootcamp style stuff out in the 94 degree heat this evening. It was HARD. I was on the verge of puking every step of my last lap of my 'sprint' (read: jog) I feel very accomplished now but told the dogs we are skipping the park tonight. I really do feel dead.

I think I am mentally getting in a better place. It's been hard since I'm losing like... 1 lb every 2-3 weeks on average. I've been told I look slimmer. I dunno really but I am getting stronger and that's what I am focusing on. The first day I did half the squats I do now and could barely go up and down stairs for days afterwards. Now I am barely sore.

My SIL lost 50 lbs easily since April. Y this no happen for me?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm All Ears

Today has been not so great. I decide to step on the scale for the first time in a couple weeks just to see. Up 3 lbs from my starting weight July 7th.

Why is this not working? I've been kicking my ass like I have never done before. I don't drink cokes at all. I am cooking at home from healthy cookbooks. I keep reading fitness blogs that say all they did was cut out junk foods and walk and it is just not happening for me. I keep seeing people in real life lose weight easily and I just can't.

I feel like the cross fit stuff out in the heat is useless.

Can't stop crying.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Sport Model Pug

20 minutes of "all in a minute" wall balls and burpees this morning.

I'm jello but it feels so good.

Now I'm going back to bed LOL.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Today has been not so great. I decide to step on the scale for the first time in a couple weeks just to see. Up 3 lbs from my starting weight July 7th.

Why is this not working? I've been kicking my ass like I have never done before. I don't drink cokes at all. I am cooking at home from healthy cookbooks. I keep reading fitness blogs that say all they did was cut out junk foods and walk and it is just not happening for me. I keep seeing people in real life lose weight easily and I just can't.

I feel like the cross fit stuff out in the heat is useless.

Can't stop crying.

Laur, can I suggest you join the Nerd Fitness forums - down toward the bottom of the forum list, there's a "women's specific training" forum. Post in there and tell them you have PCOS. Go over everything you've been doing for how long, be really detailed, and ask for help. I'm pretty sure there are a few other girls there with PCOS and they might be able to give you some advice.

I did a quick search and mostly it was a lot of "go low carb, go paleo, and it just takes time." I don't think that's helpful. But I think it would be helpful for you to talk to other ladies, especially some who have been successful, and maybe they can give you better advice.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog