Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Top Dog

Everleigh is SO cute. Are her eyes blue?

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 08-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Everleigh is SO cute. Are her eyes blue?
Thank you! Yes they are, vibrantly so. Mine are greenish-blue and my husbands are dark brown but my siblings and my dad both have blue eyes.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Top Dog

I know a lot of you are doing delayed vaccine schedules, but has anyone's baby received the typically vaccines? Lillian's getting hers on Thursday (she'll be almost 10 weeks) and I'm really nervous - I don't think vaccines are innately dangerous, but I'm worried about an allergic reaction. I'm also worried about the crying and low fever and stuff afterwards.

Someone tell me we'll survive?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
Thank you! Yes they are, vibrantly so. Mine are greenish-blue and my husbands are dark brown but my siblings and my dad both have blue eyes.
Falon's are still slate gray - they have been since she was born. My husband has really dark brown eyes and I have greenish blue so I'm curious as to how they turn out. I really like the slate gray actually, maybe they'll stay this way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I know a lot of you are doing delayed vaccine schedules, but has anyone's baby received the typically vaccines? Lillian's getting hers on Thursday (she'll be almost 10 weeks) and I'm really nervous - I don't think vaccines are innately dangerous, but I'm worried about an allergic reaction. I'm also worried about the crying and low fever and stuff afterwards.

Someone tell me we'll survive?
We're on the regular vaccine schedule, it's not so bad. Make sure you have tylenol on hand and ask your doctor for the proper dose. I pre-dosed for her 4 month shots because she was so miserable after the 2 month ones, but maybe you'll get the magic model that just falls asleep afterward. If she'll take a pacifier DEFINITELY bring it with you. It's a pain management tactic and it worked super well for Falon. Kept her calm long enough for us to get home so I could snuggle her and break out the boobs.

The worst part by far is that their little legs get so sore from the injections. So the first couple hours were okay but every.single.time she moved her leg after that it was OMGWHAT'SWRONGMYLEGISBROKENWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Warm baths helped a lot. And keeping her leg(s) as still as possible. It only lasted for a day or so though. Then she was back to her normal happy self.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 08-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Top Dog

Everleigh had hers a couple weeks ago and, other than the fact that she slept that whole day, you never would have known. She did scream after the second vaccine but I popped her in the boob immediately and she was all good! We gave her Tylenol afterwards as a precaution but she probably wouldn't have needed it.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Top Dog

Ok, I'm glad it wasn't too bad for you guys. She does move her legs 24/7 when awake, but also seems to have a decent pain tolerance (not that anything particularly painful has happened to her yet, but grandma clinking her head on her car seat handle didn't phase her...). Hopefully we survive.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 08-21-2013, 12:14 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

We did a regular vaccine schedule with Hannah. Never had any issues. She would mostly just sleep the whole day. Tylenol or Ibuprofen is great if it bothers her... ask the doctor for dosing info. Hannah cried for every shot she ever got... she still does It's actually more heartbreaking now when she cries because I know she's crying because she KNOWS what's happening and knows it's going to hurt.

But we were lucky and didn't experience any of the fever or other issues... just a tired baby.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I found a bunch of boxes of Hannahs baby clothes up in the attic and went through them all because I'm planning on selling them at a consignment event....

it was so bittersweet to go through them. so many memories attached to different pieces when she was just a little peanut. Now she's almost SIX YEARS OLD!!!!!!

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Top Dog

Clive had a mostly normal schedule, although I delayed his MMR and the vaccs that are done at that time frame by a few months because he kept getting back to back colds and allergy issues and I don't like vaccinating when he's not feeling well. He never had an issue, thankfully.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Let it be

My kids are delayed but because I forgot to get their shots not because I meant to lol. Mom of the year