Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Second hand smoke damage occurs to people exposed to second hand smoke daily, all day, or a large proportion of the day. Not walking past a smoker on the street or even sitting next to one for 10 mins a day.

I can't fathom one example where an innocent bystander has been killed by a waft of ciggy smoke like BOOM. Sniff, you're dead.

I can name people who have been killed by CONTINUED exposure to second hand smoke... But honestly, it's rare and you don't have to work in those environments anymore.
How about making out with them?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Wookie Collie

I have worms. Somehow. Gross. So did one other person at work, so I'll blame that.

The deworming process has been grosssss. Thankfully I don't see them at all, but the nausea and constant bathroom visits can stop aaaaaaanytime.

Finn got a deworming dose too and he seems fine. Sigh.

Remember the deworming thread? Haha.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 08-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Twin 2.0

Trying to update my apps. The internet here is slooooooooooo *breath*ooooow.

Also, it was 93F today. Guess what temperature the apartment still is? That's right, 90F! Because why on Earth would a complex actually put in useable, effective a/c units? I have a washcloth getting cold in the freezer and all the fans I possess going at once to try and at least stir the air around. Nothing like walking in from a day spent in a dealership that was 65F all day and getting hit with what feels like an open oven.

And a co-worker found out his gf is pregnant. He's pretty thrilled (and terrified) at the idea. Meanwhile I'm just terrified that it's going to end up being contagious. Because babies are contagious. For reals.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:38 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
I have worms. Somehow. Gross. So did one other person at work, so I'll blame that.

The deworming process has been grosssss. Thankfully I don't see them at all, but the nausea and constant bathroom visits can stop aaaaaaanytime.

Finn got a deworming dose too and he seems fine. Sigh.

Remember the deworming thread? Haha.
Soooooooo...how did you find out you had worms?

I had planned on deworming myself when we were discussing it in that thread and never got around to it. Now I feel like I should do it
Old 08-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
And omg it is the most frustrating thing to clean up. IT JUST KEEPS SUDSING.
I spilled almost a whole gallon of dog shampoo in my Caliber. I never cleaned it up because the thought of it was just NO. If I had a shop vac, MAYBE. But otherwise. NOPE. I bet thee people who detailed the car before they resold it had fun, though
Old 08-20-2013, 03:12 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I have a summer cold. I feel like crap. I have a fever. And today is my first day back at work and I can't call in sick without it being weird.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:28 AM
I'm All Ears

Did not sleep last night.

Also, I finally figured out the answer to 'a cat with 1 leg is missing how many legs'

I kept putting down '1' because I read it as 'a cat missing 1 leg is missing how many legs' for some reason.

It's 3.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Did not sleep last night.

Also, I finally figured out the answer to 'a cat with 1 leg is missing how many legs'

I kept putting down '1' because I read it as 'a cat missing 1 leg is missing how many legs' for some reason.

It's 3.
Wow. I have never answered that question correctly! I figured it was a glitch with the questions or something
Old 08-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Top Dog

The husband is irritating me. I want a puppy BAD. There is a breeding that is probably happening now. And hes being a jerk about the whole thing. He says NO more dogs. So I asked him WHY no more dogs? He said because when the pets we have are gone, they are gone and we can do some traveling? Huh?? Excuse me? Theres a couple of problems with this line of thinking. 1. I work EVERY.DAMNED.WEEKEND. 2. We have a bird that is expected to live another 20 years. 3. I am not the type to want to get up at the spur of the moment and go somewhere overnight.
Before we moved it was we didn't have a big enough house. OK that was a legit reason. But now we have a bigger house and he comes up with that excuse.
I don't know if I'm being selfish about the whole thing. But I don't think its fair that he expects me to live the rest of my life with out a dog. I was this way before I married him, so its been no secret that I love dogs.
Ivan is 8, I don't want to wait until hes to old and feeble to enjoy a puppy.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydals View Post
The husband is irritating me. I want a puppy BAD. There is a breeding that is probably happening now. And hes being a jerk about the whole thing. He says NO more dogs. So I asked him WHY no more dogs? He said because when the pets we have are gone, they are gone and we can do some traveling? Huh?? Excuse me? Theres a couple of problems with this line of thinking. 1. I work EVERY.DAMNED.WEEKEND. 2. We have a bird that is expected to live another 20 years. 3. I am not the type to want to get up at the spur of the moment and go somewhere overnight.
Before we moved it was we didn't have a big enough house. OK that was a legit reason. But now we have a bigger house and he comes up with that excuse.
I don't know if I'm being selfish about the whole thing. But I don't think its fair that he expects me to live the rest of my life with out a dog. I was this way before I married him, so its been no secret that I love dogs.
Ivan is 8, I don't want to wait until hes to old and feeble to enjoy a puppy.
My husband is the same. I never wanted just one dog but my old lady died a month before our baby was born so, fair enough. But he wants to wait until Obi dies before we get one. Which means a period of time with NO dog. I can't think of anything worse.

So, I've decided that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission and I some point I may just have to jump in.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.