Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Vizsla mom

Nova Scotia winters SUCK. They are cold& miserable. Trust me ..I live in them LOL! I don't know many Tollers personally but the few I've met, have been sweet little dogs. They seem fun but I can't comment on their hunting ability at all. Some are really driven, some are meh.

-As a side note, my smooth Vizsla will jump in the water& swim for hours on end in the ocean in January. She doesn't shiver until she stops moving but a quick towel off& a coat on her, she's good for another few hours running in the snow.. don't know about a wirehair though!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:31 PM
F150 and a .30-06

I think it depends on the lines. I knew one from the same breeder Dance is from that was down right aggressive.

Toller has done a amazing job with Dance.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 08-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Club Terrible - President

I love Tollers ridiculous amounts and that's all I have to contribute.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Nova Scotia winters SUCK. They are cold& miserable. Trust me ..I live in them LOL! I don't know many Tollers personally but the few I've met, have been sweet little dogs. They seem fun but I can't comment on their hunting ability at all. Some are really driven, some are meh.

-As a side note, my smooth Vizsla will jump in the water& swim for hours on end in the ocean in January. She doesn't shiver until she stops moving but a quick towel off& a coat on her, she's good for another few hours running in the snow.. don't know about a wirehair though!
Josh doesn't really think a Toller would be a good fit... so there's that.

We are still looking very seriously at a V. Do you think a waterproof jacket that is insulated would help? The main concern is that with waterfowl hunting, there can be a lot of time just sitting in the blind or the boat before/after a retrieve. The wirehairs are double coated and seem to hold up better to the cold from what I've read... but who knows. They aren't easy to find around here.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Vizsla mom

Vizslas are always better

I know a girl who runs flat coats in agility& she is looking at getting a wirehair but will be importing it from Hungary.

I think a waterproof jacket would help A LOT. Penn will start to shiver if it's cold out& we are just standing around doing nothing then the second I ask her to work, she stops shivering& can go for hours. She was also only a baby last winter (born July 18) so she may handle this winter better in terms of not getting cold so fast.