The Good News thread

We are moving to AZ before Winnie's birthday. Jon has finally seen the light and understands that the way his parents treat me is beyond awful. We'll be close to my family (not SUPER close, we're heading to Payson, not Phoenix) which will be good because my dad is 84 and his health is failing, and my mom, in spite of whooping cancer's butt and running, not walking, but running, past the "six months to live" deadline for a SECOND time two and a half years ago, they are still not as healthy as I'd like to see. My GOOD sister is over the road trucking, and the rest of my siblings aren't worth diddly squat, so I feel like its up to me to be close enough to help our parents if they need helping.

September first I'll be driving down with Winnie and the dogs for a week off of work to go house hunting. Prices in Payson are amazing, and I'm just really REALLY looking forward to getting home. There are a few things I'll miss about Colorado, Jon's family NOT being one of them (Mostly Zoom, Nolu and work) but I think we're ready to get the heck out of here. :)

SpringerLover

I have an extra cat. A very pretty cat. A very good cat.

She'll be living in my bathroom until Friday. Then she'll go to another foster home. If anyone needs a spayed/vaccinated (needs a FVRCP booster end of this month), really cool cat, let me know.

I said I'd never be part of cat rescue, because... too many things. But I had to.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I have an extra cat. A very pretty cat. A very good cat.

She'll be living in my bathroom until Friday. Then she'll go to another foster home. If anyone needs a spayed/vaccinated (needs a FVRCP booster end of this month), really cool cat, let me know.

I said I'd never be part of cat rescue, because... too many things. But I had to.
Um, pictures.

noludoru

Bored Now.
We are moving to AZ before Winnie's birthday. Jon has finally seen the light and understands that the way his parents treat me is beyond awful. We'll be close to my family (not SUPER close, we're heading to Payson, not Phoenix) which will be good because my dad is 84 and his health is failing, and my mom, in spite of whooping cancer's butt and running, not walking, but running, past the "six months to live" deadline for a SECOND time two and a half years ago, they are still not as healthy as I'd like to see. My GOOD sister is over the road trucking, and the rest of my siblings aren't worth diddly squat, so I feel like its up to me to be close enough to help our parents if they need helping.

September first I'll be driving down with Winnie and the dogs for a week off of work to go house hunting. Prices in Payson are amazing, and I'm just really REALLY looking forward to getting home. There are a few things I'll miss about Colorado, Jon's family NOT being one of them (Mostly Zoom, Nolu and work) but I think we're ready to get the heck out of here. :)
I feel like crying now.

Saeleofu

MY LAPTOP BATTERY IS HEREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm no longer tethered to the wall! Also, I HIGHLY recommend Anker products (found on Amazon) for laptop battery replacements. They paid ALL shipping costs of the replacement battery and just were overall super awesome with their customer service.

AND Vortex Canine has launched. In twelve hours I got over 30 "likes." WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

https://www.facebook.com/VortexCanine

Saeleofu

Oh, AND I wrote my schedule down wrong, so SURPRISE I'M OFF TOMORROW! That means I get a four day weekend. That NEVER happens. Ever. EVARRRR. It's really nice, though, because after this weekend I have no idea when my next day off will be. It could be a couple months. Then after that it'll be every other weekend completely off. YAY!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Cleaning out my closet and my snow pants an jacket from GRADE 10 (so like 8 years ago) fit perfectly.

This is a sign I must seek out snow this winter.

Hillside

Original Twin
I got a new job. I will be the general manager of a boarding/daycare/grooming facility. I'm currently coming up with an employee handbook on dog behavior and body language and one on common medical issues that we would see. Shortly, I will be coming up with a day camp training curriculum and possibly an obedience class curriculum. I'm super excited to be able to get out of my corporate box pet store job and into something that fits me better, has more structured hours and allows me to bring my dogs to work with me. Now when I have a lightbulb moment if something to try training wise with Nico, I can actually do it while it is fresh in my mind.

I start on Sunday. Whee!

CaliTerp07

Dad is finally done with procedures and in recovery.

And this day is finally almost over.
*relief* Thank goodness.

---

Small joy, but I found bags of yummy chummies at Ross, of all places. $4 for what are usually $8+. I bought them all :D Then I go to CVS, and I found Zach's favorite arnold palmer gallons for $1.29 (usually $2.99 here). I bought all that they had too.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I have my wedding dress. :D It was the first one I saw in the catalog. It was the first one I tried on. And as soon as I put it on, I thought, "This is the one." Tried on a few more gowns just for the heck of it, but I knew it would be that first gown.

I think I was the first person in history to pick out their wedding gown that quickly. ^^

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I just bought an 8 panel 48" high ex pen off craigslist for $40... it's in excellent condition too. The lady I got it from used it when she fostered a few puppies for a rescue and didn't need it after and I needed one since we are going to be doing lure coursing trials. I was having trouble finding an affordable one tall enough for an Ibizan and I was SO happy to find this one. Now I need to figure out where I can get a reflective cover for it that blocks the sun from beating down into it.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Just spent the last two hours all "I don't give a ****. I'm off for two weeks.". Hopefully, by the time I'm back, I'll have news that there's an end in sight.

It's amazing how much better you feel when you know you don't have to go back for a period of time.

I have my wedding dress. :D It was the first one I saw in the catalog. It was the first one I tried on. And as soon as I put it on, I thought, "This is the one." Tried on a few more gowns just for the heck of it, but I knew it would be that first gown.

I think I was the first person in history to pick out their wedding gown that quickly. ^^
I did the same thing! Only I didn't bother to try on others, they had the dress I wanted in our colour (of 70 available) and in my size, it was fate!

CaliTerp07

I just bought an 8 panel 48" high ex pen off craigslist for $40... it's in excellent condition too. The lady I got it from used it when she fostered a few puppies for a rescue and didn't need it after and I needed one since we are going to be doing lure coursing trials. I was having trouble finding an affordable one tall enough for an Ibizan and I was SO happy to find this one. Now I need to figure out where I can get a reflective cover for it that blocks the sun from beating down into it.
Like the shade cloth panels from clean run? Expensive, but super useful.

Just did a phone interview. Going for an in person interview tomorrow morning. Wish me luck. :) Of all the jobs I've applied for, this one was at the bottom of my list but it's better than nothing!

Members online

No members online now.