Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Top Dog

Put in three more job applications today and I'm feeling even more depressed than ever.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Top Dog

Jin and I have been split since March.

I still don't have my possessions. My jewelry, my other clothes, my Keurig. MY JEWELRY.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Top Dog

Sitting in this......

With this....

Yeah...... Stupid..... I usually never let the tank get this low, shoulda been a twenty minute drive and fuel is cheaper in Belleville... Won't be cheaper than a tow call.... Argh! And I'm not even going to make it where I was headed before they close
Old 08-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

I am trying to sell my double Critter Nation cage. I went with Craigslist. I listed it at $100 because the middle plastic tray is missing and a few wheels are broken. It's in perfect condition aside from that.

Why does everyone assume I want to trade something?! I do not want trade for a tattoo set up.....
Old 08-05-2013, 06:13 PM
On second thought...

I'm so sorry about Aikon. best of luck.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Spoke to Aikon's breeder at length...we've agreed to find him a home together. I cry a lot. He is going with me to MI on Wed, and then I'll have to leave him there. It's going to be terrible.
I'm sorry but - it doesn't HAVE to be this way. Nobody is forcing you to get rid of your dog.

I don't understand the culture on this board, to be honest. People are constantly talking about "NextDog" like they are inflicted with some kind of virus. What about enjoying the dogs you have? There is NOTHING wrong with wanting a second or third or whatever dog, and there is NOTHING wrong with doing sports with your dog - I love dog sports too! But getting a dog, and then re-homing when it doesn't perform or live up to a certain standard ... to each their own, but that isn't true love or bonding. That is most certainly love with conditions.

And yes, yes, I know you foster and are involved with rescue. Vex is gorgeous, by the way. This isn't about trillions (facetious) of dogs needing a home, etc. And this isn't even about you bring upset that you won't have Aikon with your anymore. This is more me just being completely unable to wrap my head around this concept that many people on this board get a dog for sport, rather than taking up a sport for the dog. And the dog suffering or, at the very least, being forced to live in multiple homes, as a direct result of these very human rules.

Unreal.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Behavior Nerd

Really rudysgal?! Way to kick someone when they are down.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudysgal View Post
I'm sorry but - it doesn't HAVE to be this way. Nobody is forcing you to get rid of your dog.

I don't understand the culture on this board, to be honest. People are constantly talking about "NextDog" like they are inflicted with some kind of virus. What about enjoying the dogs you have? There is NOTHING wrong with wanting a second or third or whatever dog, and there is NOTHING wrong with doing sports with your dog - I love dog sports too! But getting a dog, and then re-homing when it doesn't perform or live up to a certain standard ... to each their own, but that isn't true love or bonding. That is most certainly love with conditions.

And yes, yes, I know you foster and are involved with rescue. Vex is gorgeous, by the way. This isn't about trillions (facetious) of dogs needing a home, etc. And this isn't even about you bring upset that you won't have Aikon with your anymore. This is more me just being completely unable to wrap my head around this concept that many people on this board get a dog for sport, rather than taking up a sport for the dog. And the dog suffering or, at the very least, being forced to live in multiple homes, as a direct result of these very human rules.

Unreal.
Seriously? Do you do high level dog sports that requires a certain kind of dog? Do you know what it takes to train a dog to that level. He unfortunately is not the dog she needs, so someone else will get a very nice pet or entry level sport dog. I but dogs from breeders go help me get the doc I want/need, sometimes it doesn't work and you have to make that heartwrenching decision to either keep what won't work or rehome and try again. If my meet puppy doesn't work out, well, he'll be sold. I need a sport dog, doesn't mean I love My dogs less than you nor does it mean you love yours more.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
Sitting in this......

With this....

Yeah...... Stupid..... I usually never let the tank get this low, shoulda been a twenty minute drive and fuel is cheaper in Belleville... Won't be cheaper than a tow call.... Argh! And I'm not even going to make it where I was headed before they close
Oh, ****! I am always super paranoid about this happening to me (traffic jams can happen anytime anywhere) so I never Let it get passed last quarter.

I hope you make it... Yikes!

Old 08-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Top Dog

Made it, took the back way home, stopped on an overpass and snapped these

As for the above statement by Rudy, wow that's a bit harsh....

People getting "rid" of dogs at the pound because they aren't like dogs on tv, or other stupid reasons deserve that kind of response, but kicking someone who is making a tough decision and going about that decision responsibly is..... Just ugh..... Why? Think she's not struggling enough?