Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I didn't train at all yesterday.
Not a darn thing.
It was lovely.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-31-2013, 10:42 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaD View Post
Cameron hates my brothers new girlfriend- she is reactive with guests at home (perfect angel in public, demon in the house). Anyways, we do sessions with Cam on leash and gf treating when I click. My brother hates Cam for being such a beast, but last training session Cam would sit and wait for treats without barking. She could lie down, the energy was totally different from the non-stop barking pulling growler dog we started with. And she just calmly went to her crate when we were done
At least you could convince your Cam to "listen" to you about someone lol ... With ACDs usually if they decide they don't like someone, it's really hard to convince them otherwise ... Lol.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Silence, peasants.

Had a guest over and Wes was great with her. He never saw anyone come over during his socialization period so it's been an issue, but he was very lovey. He was pretty sure she was his new bestie.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 08-03-2013, 10:48 AM
such sights to show you

Today was just one of those days where everything clicked and I felt like training has actually led somewhere instead of endless flailing repetition. A pictorial example:

AND THEN THEY WENT 'ON BY' THAT SPOT WHEN I RELEASED THEM.
*dies*

Old 08-04-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm All Ears

It is interesting working one trick with multiple dogs. I started teaching clockwise circles around me where the dogs jumped over my arms outstretched on both sides of me a long time ago. Mia had the final trick down in one session. We went from the individual arms with a barrier (wall and chair) blocking her from going around and doing each half separately to her doing the full loop away from the walls in minutes. In that same time frame all I got with Summer was a single jump over one arm with the wall to block her.

I've worked it a little bit since then. Summer has picked up other tricks super fast but chaining this together just hasn't happened even with work on it often. She still needed the wall and the single arm at a time.

Tonight we had an impromptu session where she not only faded out the wall but chained the circle together 100%. So months and months of no progression and then like that the entire trick clicks and she can do it all perfectly.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Top Dog

Romeo got his RL1 title this weekend . We got four Q's in the Level 1 classes (two in the championship classes). First, second, third, and fifth place. Very happy with my boy!

We moved up to Level 2 A, but he crashed into the jump the first trial, and knocked the bar the second, so we NQ'd on both . Not sure if we will continue with it, as I'm not sure if it is his vision issues, I don't want him to hurt himself.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Romeo got his RL1 title this weekend . We got four Q's in the Level 1 classes (two in the championship classes). First, second, third, and fifth place. Very happy with my boy!

We moved up to Level 2 A, but he crashed into the jump the first trial, and knocked the bar the second, so we NQ'd on both . Not sure if we will continue with it, as I'm not sure if it is his vision issues, I don't want him to hurt himself.
What a good boy! Can you just do a jump height modification for him? Around here, judges are GREAT about allowing things in the best interest of the dog.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 08-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post

You were right about me and ACDs...at least show-line/conformation bred ones.

Congrats!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
You were right about me and ACDs...at least show-line/conformation bred ones.
? Not drive-y enough?

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 08-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
? Not drive-y enough?
Either sweet and not drivey enough, or drivey and REALLY pushy/reactive/obnoxious LOL I want in-between!