Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I want a barn job.

I want to be waking up every morning to enter a barn full of smells of sawdust, alfalfa and leather. I want to be mucking stalls, feeding horses, mixing grains and supplements, rotating pastures, and grooming/exercising. I hate being stuck at a computer all the time.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 07-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I had a dream about Happy... I don't even remember the details anymore... I just remember sobbing uncontrollably in the dream and waking up having to deal with it in real life too. Probably because I was reading a Susan Conant novel before going to bed and she talks to a fraud pet psychic in the book about her dead dog.

I did not sleep well.

My computer is still screwing up and I can't figure out what the problem is. I got a BSOD while running a memory test in the BIOS. But the idiots at Best Buy SWEAR it's not my memory. I don't really believe them obviously, but what else am I supposed to do. I can't afford to take it anywhere else and have them run diagnostics or anything. And I can't just plonk down money for memory if that won't solve the problem, even though I would get it at our cost here. If it's seriously broken I dunno what to do either.

and still can't find any jobs so the whole financial issue isn't going to get any better any time soon.

and we're coming up on one year anniversary of me buying my house and I'm still not living in it with no possibility of moving in in sight since my dad is still not allowed to do anything because of his blood clots.

killing myself sounds more and more awesome every day.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
I ordered 8 T-Shirts from threadless on July 4th... and they still haven't arrived. I payed like 60 for them, and I want the NOWH. They are supposed to arrive between July 16th and August 1st (but no later than August 15th. -.-) THEY BETTER NOT ARRIVE ON AUGUST 15TH DAMNIT.
Also I'm pretty sure customs is holding them hostage.
Of course they arrived mear minutes after this post... except I hadn't gone to the bank yet and didn't have cash on me for customs. So alas, they went back to the post office and I have to pick them up tomorrow. THEY WERE SO CLOSE.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Every day I am a bit more frustrated and disheartened, primarily due to social media, by the number of people who buy a dog and are ill prepared to handle and confused by their puppies. Particularly the normal cautionary behavior of not only a puppy but particularly a puppy from a herding and guarding breed. At what point did you decide, I only know what the adults look like and act like across the field or on the other side of my computer screen but wow thats the breed for me! Misunderstandings happen and many of us learn through actions and mistakes more so than research but sometimes I read through these pages and find myself exhausted.

/vent
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
I want a barn job.

I want to be waking up every morning to enter a barn full of smells of sawdust, alfalfa and leather. I want to be mucking stalls, feeding horses, mixing grains and supplements, rotating pastures, and grooming/exercising. I hate being stuck at a computer all the time.
Ahhh I love my job

You should try to get on as a groom at a race track I'm your area (if there is one) I as working track maintenance & the opportunity to leave & try my hand at grooming just fell into my lap.

I love the animals (race horses are a different kind of cool ) I love being outside & I love horsey barn smells

Old 07-31-2013, 04:38 PM
dogstrong

Everything is getting on every one of my nerves today AAAAARGH

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 07-31-2013, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Taking Xanax again for the first time in a few months. On one hand, I'm not as anxious or frustrated and I can concentrate and relax easier. On the other hand, the downtimes between doses suuuuuucks. The crash and headaches are better than anxiety attacks, but still.

Blah.

Also, I am ready for this Implanon to be out of my arm. This is the 3rd time this month I have cycled. THIRD. In 30 DAYS.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:48 PM
Top Dog

Not that I don't love my boyfriend, not that we haven't discussed our future, not that I don't expect it to happen, but holy bajeebus mother. Enough with the wedding talk. Everything with her is when you get married, think of the money you are putting towards your future wedding dress, you can get a different job when you move in to his house etc. It makes me feel SO much pressure and its not even pressure I can fix. If my boyfriend chooses to propose they will know first. I'll know when he asks because then it will be hush hush. I just want to enjoy the time I have with my boyfriend without everything being some kind of tie in to marriage.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 07-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
killing myself sounds more and more awesome every day.
I haven't been on Chaz in almost a month, but I had to log in to reply to you.

Keep swimming. Things WILL get better. You have 3 gorgeous dogs who do amazing things. When you finally move into your house, it will already feel like a home. Think of it as a cool way to really customize your place Everything will work out.

You're one of my favorite people on this forum and an awesome artist. I kept your Christmas card up on my fridge until about March because the "Silent Night" cracked us up.

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Top Dog

Aikon had some sort of...event last night. Seizure/huge spasm...thing? He lost control of his motor skills and scared the crap out of me.

He also only has one nut...which makes showing him in conformation difficult. Do they drop after 6 months or is this it?