Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Chris and I are in this limbo stage. We're not together. But we still, for the most part, act like a couple. Its not freaking me out now, but I don't know how much longer that will last. I don't think either of us know what we want. I never saw myself as a friend's with benefits kind of girl. I'm not sure what to think of myself. Or my situation. Meh.
Something to consider... I hope you figure it all out.

http://www.afterellen.com/the-hook-u...-back/07/2013/

http://askville.amazon.com/long-term...uestId=3515014

Old 07-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Oh my god. That's what I needed. The first one... Chris and I have been together 2.5 years. (Would have been 3 in October) we've lived together a year and a half. That's crazy how... common? This is.

Thank you (I'll read it completely once I'm off work but skimming it, I find a lot of "omg that'sme!" Moments)

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Oh my god. That's what I needed. The first one... Chris and I have been together 2.5 years. (Would have been 3 in October) we've lived together a year and a half. That's crazy how... common? This is.

Thank you (I'll read it completely once I'm off work but skimming it, I find a lot of "omg that'sme!" Moments)
Yeah..what I thought a long term relationship should feel like, and what it actually is, was totally different. I blame Disney movies . But seriously, of course there is a difference between settling into the relationship and being totally unhappy, but you need to answer that for yourself.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I had a serious hangover. Now I have the serious munchies...

I'm never going to grow up am I?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Top Dog

I really want to get a Harry Potter tattoo, but am way too much of a perfectionist to ever be completely happy with a tattoo.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Silence, peasants.

After-run happy is very strange. Considering I have inflicted the running upon myself, it's not like I was about to be eaten by a bear and ran/got away. THAT would be a reason to be happy. Ho-hum. I don't think Wesley shares in my after-run happy.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 07-30-2013, 05:52 AM
Little dog, big voice

This job is so stressful at times, yet so rewarding when each child makes progress, whether they are learning to blow bubbles or learning to do a front crawl. I can't count the amount of times that I have actually done a happy dance on the deck because one of the kids finally got a certain stroke/drill. I still remember my first few instructors so it's really neat to think that when my students are the ones teaching lessons, they'll be able to look back and remember me.

This session, we have a young boy with autism, who is non-verbal, and he absolutely loves the water... and as his mother warned us, is completely and totally fearless, plus he is a runner. This was confirmed when he got out and started running towards the deep end, cue myself sprinting full speed after him, and jumped in. Luckily, I got there right not even a second after and got him out... but I was still catching my breath for a good five minutes afterwards.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Mae View Post

This session, we have a young boy with autism, who is non-verbal, and he absolutely loves the water... and as his mother warned us, is completely and totally fearless, plus he is a runner. This was confirmed when he got out and started running towards the deep end, cue myself sprinting full speed after him, and jumped in. Luckily, I got there right not even a second after and got him out... but I was still catching my breath for a good five minutes afterwards.
For his safety, can he wear a life jacket at all times?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
For his safety, can he wear a life jacket at all times?
I might suggest that, although we now have one lifeguard on each side of the pool to catch him if he gets out and runs. He can swim well where he can touch but since he can be so unpredictable, we make sure he has two noodles before heading to the deep end.

On a brighter note though, today I figured out something that he really enjoys... being bounced up and down in the water. The half hour went a little better once he realized that doing a float results in him being able to play the "up" game. We tried doing the whole, "touch your nose" to get his attention as we do for all of the younger levels but his babysitter said that those things have stopped regaining his attention. We let him adjust to both myself and the other instructor today so tomorrow we'll be trying to really get him doing things in the water.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

I might have found a doctor I like. I'm going to make an appointment.... I'm so nervous. What if he sucks? Or blows off my concerns? And I didn't really want a make doctor. If I'm going to be naked and uncomfortable with a doctor, it'd be nice if they had felt the same way.... also scared of what I might hear. I just want someone to be nice and listen to me. I'm not stupid but I'm not a doctor. You went to school for years for a reason.

Anyway hopefully things go well. Scared, though :\

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/