Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-28-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I like being friends with parents on facebook.. kids say funny things, kids are cute sometimes and I like pictures of milestones and other such fun things.

BUT IT IS NEVER OK TO POST PICTURES OF FECES.
EVER.
EVER.
EVER.

I don't care about why or how or solids or breastmilk or what the reason is for it..STOP POSTING PICTURES OF YOUR KIDS DIRTY DIAPERS ON FACEBOOK IT IS BEYOND NOT OK.

Need advice from a group of moms about something involving your kids crap? PRIVATE MESSAGE THAT!!

ICK
ICK
ICK I WAS EATING DEAR LORD

I am so beyond surprised. Because if this was common from this person I would just delete her but I dunno, this is her third dirty diaper pic today.
Ok YAY YOUR KID IS EATING SOLIDS POST A PIC OF THEM EATING NOT THEIR POOP LIKE WHY>?!?
Oh that's gross! Why would you do that?
Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Just ate two of Adam's cinnamon roll cookies out of boredom. I want to puke. (The Keebler Cinnabon cinnamon roll cookies are amazing though, if anyone has the stomach to handle junk food.)
Old 07-28-2013, 11:09 PM
F150 and a .30-06

OMG Fran that is nasty. I agree! I would have posted pics of eating but WHY woud you post of the poop?!

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 07-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I thought under the new healthcare reform you were supposed to get one annual preventative care visit covered by your insurance every year.
Apparently not with my insurance.
So now I have to come up with $300 for yet another unexpected bill.

Whoo-hoo.
Maybe it varies by insurance? Mine covers preventative visits free of cost.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I thought under the new healthcare reform you were supposed to get one annual preventative care visit covered by your insurance every year.
Apparently not with my insurance.
So now I have to come up with $300 for yet another unexpected bill.

Whoo-hoo.
My insurance covers a wellness visit, but not if they diagnose something in that visit or treat something in that visit. It has to literally be JUST an exam and maybe routine bloodwork. No prescriptions given (except maybe birth control), nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:52 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Bad night's sleep last night. Went to bed exhausted after a Doctor Who marathon with my sister, tossed and turned all night long. *sigh* I may have to try a natural sleep aide if this continues. Boo changes throwing my sleep cycle out of wack.

(Did have a really cool dream about these giant alien bugs attacking a town, though. We went all Doctor-esque on them.)

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 07-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Maybe it varies by insurance? Mine covers preventative visits free of cost.
I thought it was part of ObamaCare that it HAS to be covered. And I keep finding things online that say yeah, that's the law. You get one preventative care visit per year covered.
Mine is covered - after I meet my deductible. Which is $2000. Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
My insurance covers a wellness visit, but not if they diagnose something in that visit or treat something in that visit. It has to literally be JUST an exam and maybe routine bloodwork. No prescriptions given (except maybe birth control), nothing out of the ordinary.
It was my pap smear and thankfully nothing to diagnose or treat, especially since they have to send lab work away to know anything, so that's what it was.
Not covered under mine apparently.

I checked out a book at the library on how to get any job with any major.
But in order to GET any job I kind of need to find one that to apply for.
It won't help me to apply for a job where I would make less money...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
It was my pap smear and thankfully nothing to diagnose or treat, especially since they have to send lab work away to know anything, so that's what it was.
Not covered under mine apparently.
Mine covers the exam, but not the labwork - that's probably how they got you. You can often haggle over pricing for labwork that isn't covered, though. Worth a call to the billing company/office to ask about payment options.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Mine covers the exam, but not the labwork - that's probably how they got you. You can often haggle over pricing for labwork that isn't covered, though. Worth a call to the billing company/office to ask about payment options.
I don't think so, it's the whole thing that wasn't covered. The office visit, the lab work, and the "doctor's fee" which is apparently a new thing hospitals around here are doing. Nothing at all is covered until I hit my deductible, except I thought when I read over everything before that it said my annual was covered. It says in their generic "women's booklet" that your annual MAY be covered. Well, my plan blows. So MAY means IS NOT for me.
It's my fault for misunderstanding what Obamacare was doing (because seriously, I thought "one annual visit covered" meant, you know, one annual visit covered. I asked my co-worker who is far more politically minded than me and it was his understanding that's how it worked as well... but I guess not.) and for not reading the chart more closely.

It doesn't really matter, it's not like I could just NOT have my annual. I just didn't realize that bill was going to show up. So now I have to cancel my appointment with my dermatologist because I can't afford both. Hope skipping my annual with my dermatologist doesn't bite me in the ass later because I really can't afford melanoma.

my head is killing me and has been ever since we got the news of our pay cut.

being poor is really bad for your health.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
I don't think so, it's the whole thing that wasn't covered. The office visit, the lab work, and the "doctor's fee" which is apparently a new thing hospitals around here are doing. Nothing at all is covered until I hit my deductible, except I thought when I read over everything before that it said my annual was covered. It says in their generic "women's booklet" that your annual MAY be covered. Well, my plan blows. So MAY means IS NOT for me.
Call the office and ask them directly - it sounds like perhaps they considered this a "women's exam" vs an annual physical. I know that when I consolidated all of my annual stuff under my "annual exam" it did cause some initial confusion and with the wording in the "women's booklet" that makes me suspect that your insurance views the two types of exams separately.

As much as I hate phone trees, it has always been helpful when I've called a doctor's office when something wasn't covered that I thought should be, either because they realized it was coded wrong and they needed to resubmit or because they were able to drop my cost since it was coming out of my pocket.