Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

I moved out the day I turned 18. Got an apartment with a friend and worked full time. The apartment was only the next town over. I did move back home for about 8 months right before I got married to save money for my wedding etc.
My 22 year old daughter is still living at home, 24 year old son has been living with his fiancee for 2 years and my youngest is going about an hour away to school in August. As long as they are in school, I have no problem with them living at home, after that they should be independent enough to be on their own.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

I think I was 22 when I moved out the first time. I moved in with an ex (but back then he was my bf) and was totally unprepared. It was just a bad situation overall so 3 years later I moved back in with my parents. After getting financially stable enough to stand on my own two feet I moved back out when I was 27-ish.

The first time I moved about 15 minutes away. This time I moved about 35-40 minutes away.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Top Dog

At 18 and have never moved back home.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Top Dog

I'm 22 and still at home. I wish I could have moved out by now but a well, life isn't always how one wants it to go.. I'd be screwed if I was forced to leave. So glad I can save and set myself up for the future. I'll look forward to the day I can move out.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Top Dog

18, never went back. Cut off all contact and just burned the bridge and moved on. I got one year of school in since I was a year ahead and graduated highschool at 16.

Been on the move ever since, but I don't regret it.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:47 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

21 and still at home. My sister will be 18 a year from this past Wednesday and we're kind of semi-planning to move out around then/within that year but who knows. We'll see. It could easily be 3, 4, more years. My parents love having us there and I pay for most of my own stuff now except most of the basic groceries and even then I try to help out some. Anything extra like special food I want or clothes, etc I buy myself or wait to ask for Christmas lol. We all get along for the most part and I have little desire to move out. I'd love to be able to have a place where I can have another dog and a few cats but I'm in no real hurry. Just saving money right now.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)