Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Top Dog

Donny and I had a HUGE fight. HUGE. Called my mom to tell her we broke up, but hung up on her before she picked up.

He seems to have fixed the thing that was bothering me so much.

And he's being really nice to me.

And I really love him.

And it's been nice for a few days.

I think this is working.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:57 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I TRIMMED MACKY'S FEET TODAY.

No really, I've been trying to do this for years and I always butcher them. She gets those big fuzzy grinch feet and I hate it. I got a lesson a few months ago on how to trim up feet and still had hard time. But today I decided to try again and her feet look great! Good enough I would be happy if I had paid somebody to them.

I CAN TRIM FEET. THIS IS A BIG DEAL TO ME.
When I got Happy I watched countless videos on Youtube trying to figure out how to make her feet look nice. My mind was completely blown when I learned the concept of combing the fur BACK and then trimming all the sticky-uppy parts. Prior to that I totally thought I could just shave them and make them look nice. I could not.

Which reminds me, I actually wanted to trim her feet tonight.

Most fantastic news of today is that it's GORGEOUS outside. I took the dogs for a walk in 60 degree weather! I wore a hoodie! None of us were overheating to death! And it's supposed to be this way tomorrow! I know it's summer and all but I loooove when there is a chill in the air, I love jeans and hoodie weather. It's just been way too freaking hot and humid lately so this was a needed change.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
Sitting in the car waiting for my boyfriend to come out of safeway when a van full of kids and two women park next to me. The women and a herd of kids (there was like 7 of them! lol) mozy their way to the store. I look over and a tiny little baby in it's seat is still in the car, locked in! It was 99F already, my car read 105 sitting in direct sunlight for a while. I was like OMFG! I got out yelled to the lady's, running after them. They pulled their kids in close lol and I told them the baby was in the car, you should've seen the panic on this ladies face! It was terrible, luckily the kid was only there for a second, but man that could've been deadly fast. I think they just had too many kids to account for and just missed that one, but scary stuff.

The lady was almost in tears, she felt so bad. She tried giving me some money because she was so thankful, but of course I couldn't accept. I told her I was just honestly glad the kid was ok. In the good news thread because the kid was A-Ok

You're awesome, because you totally saved that kid's life! That could have so, SO easily turned deadly.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Duuuuude.

I approached my mom (who I currently live with) about maybe fostering for a rescue, because if/when I move in with Jeromy, I don't think he'd be interested and I'd like to do it. Instead of an immediate no like I expected, she said she'd think about it, and when I brought it up today, she seemed receptive. Still no definite "yes" but her reaction has been much more positive than I anticipated!

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 07-27-2013, 02:09 AM
Duuuuude.

Double post but I'm so excited: I have pretty much been told that I'm going to get the job!!! I just got an email from the owner saying that she's contacted all my references but one and is just waiting to get in touch with her (my current manager, who has told me she'll give me a good reference.) Then she'll pull my background check, and also confirmed my availability to start working. So there is no official "you're hired" yet but we're allllmoooost there. Omg I am so stoked. I will actually be working with dogs again

Old 07-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
Lol! I am!
Huzzah!! Congratulations!! I really wasn't sure who you meant LOL!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

D40 is officially mine. I think I may die until it gets here. Thanks again, ruffiangirl!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 07-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Top Dog

Brooks' kangaroo tag collar is being made, yay!

I'm growing his neck hair, but he needs to wear a collar/tags due to his sneakiness.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Duuuuude.

Guess who got the job? That's right, this girl!

Old 07-29-2013, 02:04 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Taking Abrams and Cynder with me tonight to visit my friend. Cynder will enjoy the fact that she lives on a farm and she'll be able to run around, Abrams will enjoy the fact that she has two Labradors for him to play with AND an in-ground pool for the dogs to swim in! ^^ I will enjoy the fact that I will not be spending my evening alone.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~