Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-26-2013, 04:59 AM
Top Dog

I had Kastle's hips and elbows X-rayed 8.5 weeks ago and sent to OFA and SV, no results yet. I'm irritated. I emailed OFA to see if they even received them
Old 07-26-2013, 06:11 AM
Top Dog

OFA take 10 to 12 weeks so you still have a bit of time but I understand yr impatience,lol!.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden&hovawart View Post
OFA take 10 to 12 weeks so you still have a bit of time but I understand yr impatience,lol!.
The OFA website says 2 weeks once received. But, I did contact them to see if they'd been received and they haven't even RECEIVED them yet. I am pretty angry at the vet's office
Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
The OFA website says 2 weeks once received. But, I did contact them to see if they'd been received and they haven't even RECEIVED them yet. I am pretty angry at the vet's office
It only took 2 weeks for my dogs results to come back. But my vet electronically submitted them.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
It took three weeks total for Payton's - we sent them off on the 20th of May and the results were in my mailbox June 10th. So... at least once your vet's office sends them off they should be processed fairly quickly? =/
Did you call your vet and chew them out yet? Cause I'd be pissed.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Did you call your vet and chew them out yet? Cause I'd be pissed.
They took a message, the person in charge of them is going to call me back...which is also pissing me off.

Why?

Because when they were taken, I had also had Robin's hips x-rayed. I asked them to email me the digital copies. They said sure, no problem. I waited 2 days, no email, called - was told this person would call me back. They didn't. Waited, called again, same thing. I finally got my email 2.5 weeks later. They claimed that they were sending it, but I wasn't receiving it (I religiously check my spam/junk mail...).

Now I have to diddle around and wait for someone to call me back when I paid EXTRA to have his x-rays sent straight from them to OFA and SV. I'm willing to be SV doesn't have them either, and they take FOREVER to process on their own. They charged me $20 extra to send them for me to both places, immediately.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:12 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Abrams decided to have diarrhea all over his crate at 1am this morning, an hour after I took him out and went to bed. I have not had a full nights sleep for the past month because of this dog.

I'm tired of having a dog that hasn't had a solid stool since he was 8 weeks old. Switching food today and that will hopefully make a difference, because if not, I don't know what I'm going to do. Loose stool is annoying, but when it becomes an inability to sleep through the night without either crapping all over the crate or me getting up one to two times overnight...that's no bueno.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Abrams decided to have diarrhea all over his crate at 1am this morning, an hour after I took him out and went to bed. I have not had a full nights sleep for the past month because of this dog.

I'm tired of having a dog that hasn't had a solid stool since he was 8 weeks old. Switching food today and that will hopefully make a difference, because if not, I don't know what I'm going to do. Loose stool is annoying, but when it becomes an inability to sleep through the night without either crapping all over the crate or me getting up one to two times overnight...that's no bueno.
Has he been given a round of Baytril? Did that help at all? Otherwise you might want to look into clostridium infections and treating with Tylan powder. Payton was on round after round of Baytril, and the diarrhea cleared up WHILE he was on it - but immediately after he came off it he went right back to being sick. The Tylan powder was the only thing that actually got him healed up.
My parents were about ready to kill him because he was having diarrhea all over the house because he couldn't hold it (it was THAT kind of diarrhea, not just loose stool) and my parents just looooooove carpet. Light-coloured carpet. And that's nothing to speak of the 2AM my puppy just crapped all over my bedroom so I'm cleaning the floor and giving the puppy a bath occurrences... yeah. It's not pleasant. =<

Reportedly Baytril can help SOME colstridium infections, but it didn't work for Payton's obviously. If you haven't gotten an RX for it yet, definitely give it a shot and see if it helps any. You have to buy a whole bucket of Tylan powder and it's like $40, and you'll use quite a bit, but definitely not all of it.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-26-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm All Ears

Beau is sick again. I am so spoiled by my two iron stomach dogs.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Silence, peasants.

There is an adorable 7 week old blue merle border collie, he's deaf and available in rescue. Do want, no can has. Lesigh.

Feistea, ze Blog