Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Aware

Shopped really well yesterday, again... not going to step on a scale until August 1st, hoping to see a slight change for the better.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 07-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
So my body is rebelling against my first week of T25. It's a very intense workout and my body is like AHHHHH. Eat all the food conserve all the weight. I shot up 7lbs in two days putting me back over 190 and i am hungry... SO hungry lol

But I think it's starting to even out and calm down now lol... I dropped just over two lbs over night.
You might need to look at your nutrition again and adjust it a bit especially since, from what I hear, T25 is pretty intense compared to other things!

What we need to eat depends a ton on what we do.

You ought to take your inches and focus on that over weight too especially as you build muscle and burn fat. The scale doesn't often tell the true story!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Top Dog

I joined a CrossFit gym today. It was expensive, therefore, I MUST go!

ETA: I also wore a pair of real athletic capris/skirt and LOVE THEM! They were so comfortable and I didn't have to adjust at all. So happy
Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
You might need to look at your nutrition again and adjust it a bit especially since, from what I hear, T25 is pretty intense compared to other things!

You ought to take your inches and focus on that over weight too especially as you build muscle and burn fat. The scale doesn't often tell the true story!
Definitely.
Lately I've been forcing myself to eat more in response to the whole metabolic damage thing I posted about a few pages back. Feel like I might be hungry... go get a snack. I've also deliberately increased my carb intake because I've been SO low in carbs for almost a year now. I'm feeling better and stronger during workouts with the higher carb intake, but not sleeping as well, but it's impossible to know if my sleep has gotten poor because of my diet or because I'm stressed out. I'm sticking with it for a while though to see what happens.

My Coursera class on exercise physiology started this week and I'm super excited.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My Coursera class on exercise physiology started this week and I'm super excited.
Is that those free courses? That sounds like a really interesting course to take actually! (funny how interested i am in fitness now that I'm actively participating in it, I had a half hour discussion with my coach this morning learning about different types of protein powders for different workouts and it was ridiculously interesting!)

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-23-2013, 01:07 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:

Oh yeah I've been taking my measurements since I started in January. I know this 7 lbs is not just normal weight gain. it's like my body has just gone into shock from this sudden spike in intensity. Couple that with the heat wave that went through and I was drinking almost 100 ounces of water a day and my body is retaining it like crazy.

To say T25 is pretty intense is an understatement LOL. it's basically an hour workout crammed into 25 crazy minutes lol and I've never done anything like this before so my body is like OMG he's trying to kill me lol. Today is the end of my first week with T25 an things seem to be evening out again.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Silence! I ban you!

I just registered for a 5K to be held this September 21. It will be my first timed 5K since November of 1987. Nervous and excited at the same time!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:52 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Have fun with your run, Eddie

Brian and I just finished lower focus together . That sounds dirty LOL. We moved the chair out of the living room so we coild do it at the same time. Holy cow, that was a tough one and my legs are jelly but that was my second favorite one i think after ab intervals.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Is that those free courses? That sounds like a really interesting course to take actually! (funny how interested i am in fitness now that I'm actively participating in it, I had a half hour discussion with my coach this morning learning about different types of protein powders for different workouts and it was ridiculously interesting!)
It is!
I still kinda want my degree in kinesiology... a friend of mine got personal trainer certified a while back and told me I should do it, and I know I could get certified - but I sort of want the kinesiology degree to go with it, not just the certification. The local community college has a PT program, I'm not sure if I could swing financial aid and do it way cheap. I think I would really enjoy it... I think I might fill out financial aid forms and see what it might get me...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-23-2013, 04:13 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Oh yeah I've been taking my measurements since I started in January. I know this 7 lbs is not just normal weight gain. it's like my body has just gone into shock from this sudden spike in intensity. Couple that with the heat wave that went through and I was drinking almost 100 ounces of water a day and my body is retaining it like crazy.
OMG I have been retaining water like crazy too with this hot weather, but I take something that is pretty cheap & can be found at Walmart, most drug stores & dollar general. It's called "Mega T" with acai berry it's in a box in the diet section. It helps with my excess water ... ESP during that time of the month.