Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Silence! I ban you!

As of this morning's weigh in, my BMI is below 30. That makes me "overweight" instead of "obese". First time in over 20 years
Old 07-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
As of this morning's weigh in, my BMI is below 30. That makes me "overweight" instead of "obese". First time in over 20 years
Congratulations!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:20 AM
dogstrong

Way to go, Eddie!

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 07-20-2013, 05:15 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Congrats, Eddie

Just finished total body circuit. Oh my word... Dying lol!!!!! Every muscle hurts lol I told Brian he's going to have to help get me changed because I don't think I can lift my legs or my arms lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-20-2013, 06:17 PM
dogstrong

Nevermind.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 07-21-2013, 05:09 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Finished ab intervals. It was awesome. I loved that one. It went by so fast. I am feeling it in my abs for sure and it was hard work but it was suh a welcome break for my poor legs and arms... Even though there was a lot of planking but I just couldn't do another push up after yesterday! Lol now replenishing fluids with my giant cup the size of my head lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Top Dog

I think this is the best place to ask this question:

Have any of you noticed a particular age when your metabolism noticeably slowed down?

Just curious about this.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post

Have any of you noticed a particular age when your metabolism noticeably slowed down?

Just curious about this.
Hmmm, that's tough to say. I'd say for me it was about the time I stopped exercising regularly, which was in my early/mid 20's. Now that I'm exercising regularly, I feel my metabolism is firing on all cylinders again. I have energy and the "binge" days don't pack on the pounds.

As a side note, I blogged about my "now I'm overweight" status on sparkpeople.com and got voted as a "featured" blog post

Not sure if you need an account there to read it, but http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_pu...log_id=5429436
Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post

Just curious about this.
You're not really looking at age precisely - for women you're looking at hormones, which of course age affects, but so does our habit for chucking birth control into our bodies like chemical warfare is going out of style. It's not an easy answer either because everybody's hormonal patterns are different just as a rule. It's like asking "at what age do you get your first period?" or "at what age do you go into menopause?" There's a general age range, but everybody is different. The biggest hormonal changes for women as adults are usually around early adulthood, then again at menopause.

If you've got good insurance, you might want to go to your doctor and have them check your hormone levels and see if something is out of balance. I've been thinking about it but my insurance is NOT good so I don't think I can afford it.

People also generally exercise less as they get older and that slows your metabolism down too. We get busier, our bodies start hurting on us, lots of reasons why. So it appears age has an affect on it, but it's our habits more than anything.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-23-2013, 12:37 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

So my body is rebelling against my first week of T25. It's a very intense workout and my body is like AHHHHH. Eat all the food conserve all the weight. I shot up 7lbs in two days putting me back over 190 and i am hungry... SO hungry lol

But I think it's starting to even out and calm down now lol... I dropped just over two lbs over night.

G.K. Chesterton