Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Top Dog

I think if you have strong social anxiety, in most cases a fila is a very poor choice. It's extremely difficult to socialize any guardian breed, let alone one of the most intense, when you're uncomfortable around things like misbehaving children, groups, or any social settings to a point where it's nearly unmanageable.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Noted.

But on all the Fila sites I have read that if you want the Fila to accept a person then they must be introduced regularly from a very young age, that social action really doesn't change them. That being said I still will (IF I decide on a fila) socialize the dog.

On the subject of my anxiety it is only bad in certain social situations all of which dogs aren't allowed (places like Walmart, night clubs, restaurants ... Etc) it's really not bad in place like petsmart, feed stores, TSC, & Home Depot.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Top Dog

But you do seem to have a general paranoia about people...always assuming the worst, at least here on chaz. That would definitely affect a dog like a fila.

In regards to the leaving a dog in its crate for two days, I think some people misread your post in the other thread about Buddy and his diarrhea as you left him in the crate for two days.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
But you do seem to have a general paranoia about people...always assuming the worst, at least here on chaz. That would definitely affect a dog like a fila.

In regards to the leaving a dog in its crate for two days, I think some people misread your post in the other thread about Buddy and his diarrhea as you left him in the crate for two days.
NO geeze! I may be a bitch to people but I would never be cruel to an animal!

That happened overnight (they ONLY come in at night or when someone is not home during the day, which is AT MOST a few hours once or twice a week!

The night he had an accident I wasn't at the ranch, they were brought in at 8:30 pm, while I was at home, from mon-wed I was feeding them a new supplement for coat & it didn't agree with him. The accident happened during the NIGHT, they go out at 6:30-7 am every morning & stay out til 8:30pm!

Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

So, your dogs are out, unsupervised, for most of the day?

Yup. You NEED a Fila that needs to be socialized and paid close attention to. Sounds like a fabulous idea.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
NO geeze! I may be a bitch to people but I would never be cruel to an animal!

That happened overnight (they ONLY come in at night or when someone is not home during the day, which is AT MOST a few hours once or twice a week!

The night he had an accident I wasn't at the ranch, they were brought in at 8:30 pm, while I was at home, from mon-wed I was feeding them a new supplement for coat & it didn't agree with him. The accident happened during the NIGHT, they go out at 6:30-7 am every morning & stay out til 8:30pm!
That's...better than being crated for two days, I guess.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:01 PM

Yes they stay outside during the day because that's where they prefer to be :/, they aren't unsupervised ... Someone is always home, plus the yard is fenced. I know some of you have city dogs that like or have to stay inside because of neighbors but out here we can do things different. My crew would be miserable if I made them stay inside all day, he'll I'm not even inside all day ... Half the day I am outside working in the yard :P

I have an aunt who always keeps her dogs inside, she only lets them out to potty ... I feel sorry for THEM!

Old 07-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Top Dog

You, you amaze me.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yes they stay outside during the day because that's where they prefer to be :/, they aren't unsupervised ... Someone is always home, plus the yard is fenced. I know some of you have city dogs that like or have to stay inside because of neighbors but out here we can do things different. My crew would be miserable if I made them stay inside all day, he'll I'm not even inside all day ... Half the day I am outside working in the yard :P
And a bored Fila would get out and wreak havoc. I'm not kidding.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
And a bored Fila would get out and wreak havoc. I'm not kidding.
Good to know, see why can't there just be informative answers ... Sans the bitchiness & snarkiness ... Remember a puppy ANY puppy is AT LEAST six months into the future, maybe more. Plenty of time to explore breeds.

It's not like I woke up & went "I think I'll get a Fila", I only want INFORMATION on the breed from those who have experience with it.

I hate to say it this way but if you don't have anything constructive to ad then I will ignore.