Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

C&P this from Facebook, but....

Last night, my dogs had something in the dark that was emitting a high pitched cry. Couldn't see what it was, Blossom was frozen and shaking with anticipation, Keeva was torturing it like cat, so I rushed them inside, figuring it would make it's escape into the night.

This morning I find a baby squirrel, eyes closed and hairless, although not tiny, and still VERY much alive after a night outside. He cooed and clung to me when he felt the heat from my hands. The fact that he was outside overnight means mom and pop are not coming back for him, I'm sure.

So now he is in a tupperware with a blankie and a heating pad on low, per the recommendation of the local wildlife centers website, seems to be doing ok. The rehab center will take him, I'm sure, but they don't open for another hour. Anything else I should do to help in the mean time? I do have a tiny syringe and have read about offering electrolyte solution... but at this point, should I just wait until I can bring him to the professionals?

For what he went through he seems pretty strong, and is uninjured. Vibes he can be raised as a bottle baby and released.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Stomach cancer. It's progressing, because we can actually feel a tumor now.

I don't know how I feel, other than numb. I mean... at least it's a diagnosis? I kind of have an answer?

ETA: I should have specified Nacho... not me
Ferrets. Where diagnosis is often both a blessing and a curse.

Sorry Jess It's good to know what the heck's been going on, but that's not good news.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 07-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I think one of the harder parts is when I'm absentmindedly doing things and think, "I hope the boys are being good or doing well at home." Like in some fantasy world they're with a petsitter and not gone. I don't know that all parts of me are ready to accept it on every level.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Top Dog

Aww Emily bless your heart for taking him in! Vibes sent!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I think one of the harder parts is when I'm absentmindedly doing things and think, "I hope the boys are being good or doing well at home." Like in some fantasy world they're with a petsitter and not gone. I don't know that all parts of me are ready to accept it on every level.
I still think that Buddy is just at the kennel or something Some dogs just have a presence so large that it's impossible for our minds to accept that they're really gone. Your boys certainly fall into this category. Hugs.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Top Dog

I found a person selling a dog walk, a frame, teeter, tire, weaves and a jump for $250 on Craigslist.

I want it. It's still available.

But I have no where to store it! *cries*

I'm thinking about just getting the A and teeter --- I could probably find a place to keep those. Sometimes I hate not having a bigger yard (except when it comes to maintenance and 12 minute mows).

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 07-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Agility freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
When I lost Bella I had full blown panic attacks on the bus coming home from school because after a day of having my mind occupied, I realized she wasn't going to be there when I got home. It's hard. But in someway, it gets easier to cope. Doesn't hurt less, just gets easier to manage. I still miss Bella to this day. Always will.

You and your family have been on my mind a lot. I hope you're doing okay.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 07-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Agility freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
I found a person selling a dog walk, a frame, teeter, tire, weaves and a jump for $250 on Craigslist.

I want it. It's still available.

But I have no where to store it! *cries*

I'm thinking about just getting the A and teeter --- I could probably find a place to keep those. Sometimes I hate not having a bigger yard (except when it comes to maintenance and 12 minute mows).
$250 for ALL OF THAT?! Hell, I'd buy it, figure out how you can store as much of it as you can, and then sell what you can't.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 07-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

Whom ever thought that working with ones mother in law was a good idea, was wrong...very very wrong .
Old 07-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Haven't heard anything from the places I've applied to. I was really hoping to hear something from at least one of them... I think their jobs are still posted so I guess still open, but.
On the plus side business has picked up a bit so the situation appears to have become less dire - at least for now.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog