Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoandAbby View Post
Managed to grab some clips today of our little session. Worked the dogs on serps and planned to do some threadles, pinwheels, and short sequences, but never ended up switching. This was pretty much Karma's first session since her spay and she rocked it! Abby was awesome as well and Twister was well Twister...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3TNzhjLr2Q
Absolutely in love.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsey View Post
I have been training agility with my mal Wiley since last November. I had previously done some agility and low level trialing with my aussieX Zoe, and then had started training my first toller Piper who passed away tragically last summer. I knew I was going to need some extra guidance with Wiley, so I started auditing Silvia Trkman's Agility Foundations course, which was so fabulous that I changed my auditing spot to a working spot.

It's been a bit of an up hill battle teaching him to be sensitive to the bar, and use his body smartly, he's sort of a go for it now think later kind of dog, but we have worked lots on thinking in drive, proofing bars (taking single jumps while I try and distract him with a toy or purposely poor handling), and he's finally finally started to pick his feet up and take responsibility for the bar. Lots and lots more work do but... it's coming...

Recently we completed Justine Davenport's (Canadian agility prodigy) online handling foundations class. I watched videos of her dog at the 2012 Canada Cup and I decided I needed to train with this girl, so when I heard about her online class I was thrilled. We've done a couple seminars with her in person on her Ontario tours, and she is great to work with. The first seminar I did with her Wiley had been doing agility for 4 months, and we were just starting to piece things together, and he was insane. It was the middle of January and it was his first time in a facility large enough for him to fully extend in sequence (our indoor options around me are cramped). He managed to get himself tangled in a PVC jump wing (with the 5" wing gap stuck around his waist - he didn't notice until he didn't fit in the tunnel) trying to turn tight. So funny, so typical Wiley.

Anyways, here is a video of a course we did last night (we being Panzerotti, our friend Janie and myself). It was a jumpers course from the recent Canada Cup tournament. A little bit messy in the handling but our teamwork is a work in progress. I hope to debut him in AAC this September. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5gqmGvkSgc
When you posted this, your dog's name and breed tweaked my old noggin but couldn't place it. Then my ah ha moment! Congrats on being part of Trkman's Foundation DVD with the lovely tight wraps. Proving that big dogs can turn
Old 07-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
My 5.5 month old toller working on bits of agility foundations the other night..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A55U6ob0nMo
AWESOME!!!!

This folks IS an excellent example of agility foundations with a puppy
Old 07-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Did sends with a jump last night, a low one but a jump nonetheless. Realized after I was done that I should have been calling cik/cap but since I'm a terrible trainer I totally didn't. Anyway, he was doing great again. I'm hoping to be able to test it some more at my house this weekend with some greater distances.

Working on weaves and frustrating myself and the dog, I need to go back and read some more stuff and just slow the eff down. Meant to work on contacts last night but I forgot. Instead we threw a sheep toy up and down the hall for a half-hour and worked on impulse control with the toy, then crawled into bed to snuggle. Whoops. This is why my puppy is behind in everything.

More jump work is on the schedule for tonight and hopefully will remember to work on the contacts. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-12-2013, 12:54 PM
& the Muttly Crew

chelsey your Toller puppy is cute as a button and it looks like you are doing a fantastic job of bring him (her?) up. Can't wait to see more! What venue do/will you compete in?

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Puppy Dog

:-) Thanks. She is a really nice pup I am having a blast with. She is outgoing for a toller and very stable and has probably one of the nicest working pedigrees in the breed in North America today, so a lot of that is her (I swear she came at 7 weeks understanding english, lol).

I will do agility for sure (AAC), probably CKC obedience but when she is older, I also hope to do basic field stuff with her also if I could get back and forth enough times to her breeder who is a really talented trainer with an awesome set up.

I can't wait until she grows up, she will be a nice little dog. Will be extra nice if she stays under 16" but I doubt that will happen. She will be on the midget end of the 22" class.

Thanks for the comments about Wiley. It was really an honour to get that email from Silvia and we got a free signed DVD :-) His physicality impresses me... now of course it doesn't always mean he chooses to turn tight on cue just because he can, lol. It is coming though. I think as we mature as a team the speed/enthusiasm will balance control in sequences better.

Have them both in an agility seminar this weekend. Half the day is novice/beginner dogs and Slice will work what is appropriate (just wanted her out working in a busier setting - and help fill spots to help the organizer break even, lol), and the other half is advanced handling that I will be participating in with Wiley. Should be a fun weekend!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm All Ears

Dumbest question ever. I cannot find the check in time lol.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:51 PM
The Monster.

Quote:
:-) Thanks. She is a really nice pup I am having a blast with. She is outgoing for a toller and very stable and has probably one of the nicest working pedigrees in the breed in North America today, so a lot of that is her (I swear she came at 7 weeks understanding english, lol).

I will do agility for sure (AAC), probably CKC obedience but when she is older, I also hope to do basic field stuff with her also if I could get back and forth enough times to her breeder who is a really talented trainer with an awesome set up.

I can't wait until she grows up, she will be a nice little dog. Will be extra nice if she stays under 16" but I doubt that will happen. She will be on the midget end of the 22" class.

Thanks for the comments about Wiley. It was really an honour to get that email from Silvia and we got a free signed DVD :-) His physicality impresses me... now of course it doesn't always mean he chooses to turn tight on cue just because he can, lol. It is coming though. I think as we mature as a team the speed/enthusiasm will balance control in sequences better.

Have them both in an agility seminar this weekend. Half the day is novice/beginner dogs and Slice will work what is appropriate (just wanted her out working in a busier setting - and help fill spots to help the organizer break even, lol), and the other half is advanced handling that I will be participating in with Wiley. Should be a fun weekend!
What's her breeding? PM me if you don't feel like publicizing it. I have a friend in Toronto with a Toller of a similar age with a rockin' pedigree. I'm wondering if there's a chance they're related.

She's gonna be an amazing dog as she grows. You can tell. :3

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 07-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Puppy Dog

She's from Sue Kish at Foxgrove. Her pedigree is here: http://www.toller-l.org/tollerdata/p...e.asp?ID=36553

Is Jake the name of the pup? She might have another littermate in Toronto.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
What's her breeding? PM me if you don't feel like publicizing it. I have a friend in Toronto with a Toller of a similar age with a rockin' pedigree. I'm wondering if there's a chance they're related.

She's gonna be an amazing dog as she grows. You can tell. :3
I'd like to know, too - I have people asking me for Toller breeder references pretty regularly, and that puppy is absolutely amazing!