Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2013, 09:15 AM
The Monster.

I've been lazy/distracted/preoccupied and haven't worked on Cohen's jumping yet. Unsurprisingly, it continues to be a problem. We have another Aussie in our class, and while he's a relatively green dog with motivation issues, it's fascinating to compare his jumping style to Cohen's. In his, he actually tries to not hit the bar. Crazy! On top of her other issues, Cohen launches herself at jumps from a couple yards away and hopes for the best. I tend to sit her way back from the start line to give her room to collect properly for the jump, but nah, she'd much rather fling herself at it from where I left her.

I think we have some work to do! It's really our jumping issues that continue to hold us back. (Wrap, what's a wrap? I'd much rather jump this in FULL EXTENSION!!!)

Cohen is still a super fun agility partner and I'm very pleased at how she's doing. Just need to take the time to polish her up a bit. We're going to a trial on Sunday morning. We're signed up for Snooker. Definitely not going to have a problem with that, with all our bar knocking and wrapping problems, no siree! /sarcasm

I think we'll have a blast.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog