Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I keep starting this post and then stopping writing it.

Sales at the company I work for are abysmal. There is very real concern about how long the business can sustain.

This gives me very real concern about how long my mortgage can sustain.

I have a horrible, sinking feeling I am going to be out a job soon. And I don't know what to do about it. I'm not in a position where I can just go work retail just to have a job because it will not pay enough. Obviously if it comes to that ANY job is better than no job, but I would like to not be out of a job at all. I've only found one job worth applying for and have sent in my info, and I know somebody who works at the company so I'm hoping she might at least be able to swing me an interview. But otherwise it's just as dry as when I was at the radio station trying to find something.
My options are receptionist positions which are highly competitive since just about anybody can do them and will result in a pay cut to the tune of my mortgage payment... or... I don't even know what else. I'm not a health care professional so I can't apply for any of those jobs. I don't care to learn how to drive a semi because that idea terrifies me. There's just nothing else here.

Clearly I made a mistake in not just picking up and moving to Chicago or Indianapolis and trying to get a job there. I bought a house here, so now I'm stuck. I have no more money. All of my money went into the house, which is in pieces, so I can't even sell it and get my money back.

I have no idea what to do. It's starting to affect my sleep again. Last night I felt sick to my stomach while going to bed and I kept waking up throughout the night.
Big hugs Beanie. I'm in a not-similar-but-same-feelings boat and am here if you want to talk.

On that note... my house listed officially today. I need all the vibes that it sells and closes fast because paying for two houses has me this close to being in a hole and I'm slowly losing my grip on the whole situation.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

Well it appears that the wound is the result of a kick from another horse. Wound is looking awesome but the hard and hot inflammation to the lower hock now has me worried. Hate hard blows to a joint, so much trouble could be brewing there

Started a funnel wrap with cold water and crushed ice this morning, then poultice (not over the wound but the hock), then DMSO once I get the heat out. Called the vet and waiting for a call back, I see xrays in her near future.
Bloody hell, wound no big deal, this however...........
Old 07-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
Well it appears that the wound is the result of a kick from another horse. Wound is looking awesome but the hard and hot inflammation to the lower hock now has me worried. Hate hard blows to a joint, so much trouble could be brewing there

Started a funnel wrap with cold water and crushed ice this morning, then poultice (not over the wound but the hock), then DMSO once I get the heat out. Called the vet and waiting for a call back, I see xrays in her near future.
I think the only part I don't miss about horse ownership is dealing with lameness, etc. I still remember the day Indie somehow managed to injure her hind right leg. It was about the size of a stovepipe, and my instructor had her turned out in the small pasture by herself to try and encourage movement until I arrived... but when leading her to the hose, Indie's nostrils were flared and she was three legged lame. I was worried sick that she could've possibly contracted cellulitis so, we ended up calling the vet, just to be certain, but after a week of cold hosing and sweating it with DMSO, it cleared up. She was also on antibiotics just to be safe. No puncture wound, but the DMSO helped a lot with it. The leg ended up looking better than it did before she hurt her leg.

Sending vibes that you're able to get the leg healed and keep the swelling down to help avoid the development of any joint problems.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:55 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post

Have you tried what we call a " furisone sweat" (spelling??? The stuff in the black tub with the green cap) we use rolled cotton, then wrap it with plastic wrap (the cling stuff that comes in a roll) then cover with quilts, then standing wraps ... Not sure how it would effect the puncture, but it only would be left on during the night.

If that wouldn't work, if you have an aloe plant, just cut a leaf off & put some pure aloe on the wound ... Best stuff ever!

If not then that vetrycin (you know the spray that Clinton Anderson is always plugging on RFD TV) is also really awesome stuff.

Hope your horse gets better soon a injured/lame horse sucks

Old 07-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

Something is wrong with Bobsie. She has a vet appointment set up for Monday to get checked out, she bit me this morning when I picked her up, and seems to be having trouble controlling her bladder. I know she's 15 but I'm not ready to let her go... I wish I could get her in sooner but I'm booked on appointments until then and they had nothing available for Thursday, which is my next day off. So, if anyone had vibes to spare, we could use them. :'( today has been a seriously awful day.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:28 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
Something is wrong with Bobsie. She has a vet appointment set up for Monday to get checked out, she bit me this morning when I picked her up, and seems to be having trouble controlling her bladder. I know she's 15 but I'm not ready to let her go... I wish I could get her in sooner but I'm booked on appointments until then and they had nothing available for Thursday, which is my next day off. So, if anyone had vibes to spare, we could use them. :'( today has been a seriously awful day.
Hope it's nothing serious

Old 07-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Gah, I am starting to get really antsy and I guess frustrated that there is not a date set yet for my puppy to get here. I am a planner and I feel like there should already be a date set, tickets booked. He is getting his health cert. today, so I guess that is a good thing.

With this breeding I am dealing with a third party, called the person today who has the pups and left a message. Hopefully he calls me back tonight so we can get the ball rolling. I just want a date, that is all I want. Even if its later this week. (well I hope not) I need something to look forward to. Plus I have to drive three hours to the airport to pick him up so I want a plan laid out.

I want my baby!!!

*end rant!

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 07-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
He is getting his health cert. today, so I guess that is a good thing.
Well, that at least means within the next 10 days, right?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Well, that at least means within the next 10 days, right?
Yes, it does. So here is hoping it will be in the next couple of days.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 07-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I keep starting this post and then stopping writing it.

Sales at the company I work for are abysmal. There is very real concern about how long the business can sustain.

This gives me very real concern about how long my mortgage can sustain.

I have a horrible, sinking feeling I am going to be out a job soon. And I don't know what to do about it. I'm not in a position where I can just go work retail just to have a job because it will not pay enough. Obviously if it comes to that ANY job is better than no job, but I would like to not be out of a job at all. I've only found one job worth applying for and have sent in my info, and I know somebody who works at the company so I'm hoping she might at least be able to swing me an interview. But otherwise it's just as dry as when I was at the radio station trying to find something.
My options are receptionist positions which are highly competitive since just about anybody can do them and will result in a pay cut to the tune of my mortgage payment... or... I don't even know what else. I'm not a health care professional so I can't apply for any of those jobs. I don't care to learn how to drive a semi because that idea terrifies me. There's just nothing else here.

Clearly I made a mistake in not just picking up and moving to Chicago or Indianapolis and trying to get a job there. I bought a house here, so now I'm stuck. I have no more money. All of my money went into the house, which is in pieces, so I can't even sell it and get my money back.

I have no idea what to do. It's starting to affect my sleep again. Last night I felt sick to my stomach while going to bed and I kept waking up throughout the night.
Keep looking hard now...you aren't out of the job, yet! Network hard. Ask everyone. Don't be afraid to apply for jobs that you don't 'quite' meet the requirements. I'm sure it will all work out...it always does. It sounds like you have a good support system with your parents.