Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-09-2013, 01:53 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Now my two females are starting to not get along anymore , I think they were resource guarding the igloo dog house that we put on the back porch for the winter so we took that away & the chairs & anything else that could be guarded I know it's Josefina starting it every time ... It's times like this I miss Izze .

Josefina was a "foster gone fail" originally but with this new development (it's only the other girl she has issues with, not the males. So I'm starting to think she might be best in a home without other females). ESP after what happened with Backup & Arnold it scares me that that would happen to Adrianne, someone with such a seemingly full proof safety system can have a failure, how much hope do I have when I know I could never do it as good

I have some things to think about now about what is best for the dogs it just sucks.
Don't you have Josephina, Buddy, and a male JRT? Who's the other female?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-09-2013, 02:37 AM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Spent ten minutes under my truck in a bikini and a cover up trying to pop my spare tire in after it fell out at 40 MPH.

On Evans. In front of a strip club. Where there is broken glass.

AND NO ONE STOPPED TO HELP.

Not that I needed it, but seriously, world? What is wrong with you? When you see a chick barely clothed crawling under a truck with her hazards on, WHY WOULD YOU NOT ASK if she needs help? Or leverage? I would have at least stopped to check her out.
Reverse in the S4 is barely there to begin with, and then the linkage shifted slightly out of alignment so it really wouldn't go in anymore. This happened while I was in a busy parking lot. I got out and had to push the car. I'm a tiny girl pushing a big sedan. The closest I got to any help being offered was a guy standing ten feet away staring. Your stare isn't making the car any lighter or easier to push, but thanks for being creepy. People suck.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm All Ears

Head. ache.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:12 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Don't you have Josephina, Buddy, and a male JRT? Who's the other female?
the JRT & the other female (Yumi) are my folks dogs that also live out here on the ranch (totaling 4 dogs in a huge 2 acre yard with 2 covered decks so no one is crowded).

I think I have found what they were on about, I think they were RG'ing the igloo dog house we put on the back deck in winter time, so I removed that, & any chairs, beds, rugs, etc ... that could be guarded & they seem to be getting along better, lets hope this works ... because the fights never happen when I am home because I am always there to nip any "looks" in the bud before they escalate I think. but my folks aren't as experienced at seeing an impending fight, they just see the fight itself.

But hopefully we have found & solved the problem.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I keep starting this post and then stopping writing it.

Sales at the company I work for are abysmal. There is very real concern about how long the business can sustain.

This gives me very real concern about how long my mortgage can sustain.

I have a horrible, sinking feeling I am going to be out a job soon. And I don't know what to do about it. I'm not in a position where I can just go work retail just to have a job because it will not pay enough. Obviously if it comes to that ANY job is better than no job, but I would like to not be out of a job at all. I've only found one job worth applying for and have sent in my info, and I know somebody who works at the company so I'm hoping she might at least be able to swing me an interview. But otherwise it's just as dry as when I was at the radio station trying to find something.
My options are receptionist positions which are highly competitive since just about anybody can do them and will result in a pay cut to the tune of my mortgage payment... or... I don't even know what else. I'm not a health care professional so I can't apply for any of those jobs. I don't care to learn how to drive a semi because that idea terrifies me. There's just nothing else here.

Clearly I made a mistake in not just picking up and moving to Chicago or Indianapolis and trying to get a job there. I bought a house here, so now I'm stuck. I have no more money. All of my money went into the house, which is in pieces, so I can't even sell it and get my money back.

I have no idea what to do. It's starting to affect my sleep again. Last night I felt sick to my stomach while going to bed and I kept waking up throughout the night.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

He (Caleb , while having a seizure enroute to ER) stopped breathing and turned blue. That was the longest 2 minutes of my life.

I need to learn CPR. Even if i have to wait until he stops jerking to administer it , I need to learn. 80.00 I don't have and will have to find for the red cross class. Maybe Childrens hospital will have a cheaper class.

The **** dreams are back and I cant shake them. I know they are my fears manifesting .(pretty easy to figure out) I dont sleep as it is and these are making it harder.

How do you stop dreaming? Is there a way ?
Old 07-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
80.00 I don't have and will have to find for the red cross class. Maybe Childrens hospital will have a cheaper class.
Will your employer/insurance sponsor part of the cost? It would be valuable for your company to have CPR trained employees on staff. Does Caleb's school offer CPR classes that you could join in on? Would the school nurse help show you? Does the community college offer cheap/discounted courses through the health center? (I think my university offered it for $30 a couple times a year--not sure if you had to be a student). Are any of your kids scouts? We had a paramedic come to our girl scout meeting in elementary school so we could earn a badge. If you could encourage the scout troop to pursue that, maybe you could attend that meeting?

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 07-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
He (Caleb , while having a seizure enroute to ER) stopped breathing and turned blue. That was the longest 2 minutes of my life.

I need to learn CPR. Even if i have to wait until he stops jerking to administer it , I need to learn. 80.00 I don't have and will have to find for the red cross class. Maybe Childrens hospital will have a cheaper class.

The **** dreams are back and I cant shake them. I know they are my fears manifesting .(pretty easy to figure out) I dont sleep as it is and these are making it harder.

How do you stop dreaming? Is there a way ?
No advice about the dream, but I can't imagine how scary that would've been. My dad's girlfriend has a twenty year old son, who after a seizure, has the mental/physical capabilities of a year and a half year old... and he often has seizures. She's almost always on guard when he is visiting, as his dad has him with a live-in caretaker the majority of the time.

As for the CPR lessons, I don't know if this is feasible... but you could talk to a local swimming pool about being taught CPR. It's a major component of the Bronze and Nationals classes so all lifeguards are expected to know it. It might be a bit cheaper than a Red Cross class as well.

And my vent for the day...

Four lessons left for my level one class and I still have two students who can't swim the five metres. I never thought it would be so incredibly stressful! There's also five of them, so it takes awhile to actually keep their attention and get through each activity. All the other requirements are met, but the two of the five still need to be able to swim the required distance which hasn't been easy thus far.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:37 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I keep starting this post and then stopping writing it.

Sales at the company I work for are abysmal. There is very real concern about how long the business can sustain.

This gives me very real concern about how long my mortgage can sustain.

I have a horrible, sinking feeling I am going to be out a job soon. And I don't know what to do about it. I'm not in a position where I can just go work retail just to have a job because it will not pay enough. Obviously if it comes to that ANY job is better than no job, but I would like to not be out of a job at all. I've only found one job worth applying for and have sent in my info, and I know somebody who works at the company so I'm hoping she might at least be able to swing me an interview. But otherwise it's just as dry as when I was at the radio station trying to find something.
My options are receptionist positions which are highly competitive since just about anybody can do them and will result in a pay cut to the tune of my mortgage payment... or... I don't even know what else. I'm not a health care professional so I can't apply for any of those jobs. I don't care to learn how to drive a semi because that idea terrifies me. There's just nothing else here.

Clearly I made a mistake in not just picking up and moving to Chicago or Indianapolis and trying to get a job there. I bought a house here, so now I'm stuck. I have no more money. All of my money went into the house, which is in pieces, so I can't even sell it and get my money back.

I have no idea what to do. It's starting to affect my sleep again. Last night I felt sick to my stomach while going to bed and I kept waking up throughout the night.
Life is far too short to hate what you do for a living ... that's for sure.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Thanks CaliTerp for the ideas. I will ask my boss , since I do work on the river I dont know why I did not ask before , they may even offer classes here.

Cali Mae , I did not think of the pools round here , My son is part of the local gym tha has the best pol , i will ask there also.

Seeing his precious face all pale and blue really kicked me in the gut. I was so glad he stopped seizing and started breathing again.