Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Was a pretty good weekend. I haven't been eating my best (holiday week, vacation, etc.) but I kept the running up. Didn't run yesterday, but I did work 4 games in a tournament (USSSA 12U Class B state championships) in some pretty nasty heat. Had a good run tonight. Not as far as I've been going, but at a faster pace.

Like PWCorgi, I'm loving being active. Sure, I'm watching the scale, but that is not my only indicator at this point.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:53 AM
Are you dead yet?

I need more motivation to work out more. I've been on a plateau for the past few weeks and I'd like to get things moving again.

On a positive note? When I look in the mirror, these days, "fat" is not the first thing I notice about myself. I took these in the fitting room at work (I don't own a full length mirror) and I wish I had a before picture to share, because for the first time I'm noticing a big difference.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Well, RD, you answered your own dilemma there The scale may not show it, but you noticed changes in your body. Weight fluctuates, stays firm at one stubborn scale number and sometimes goes up even though you're doing the right things. Keep working hard (it's a "work"out, not a "rest"out) and don't give up.

Saw this on theberry this morning. Seemed appropriate for your specific situation:

Old 07-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Sport Model Pug

Doing a class where we're training for adventure runs now. It started today, my bruises are already appearing! Lol

The 7 foot wall is my enemy but i did it once and I'm really good at army crawling!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Club Terrible - President

Lookin' good, RD!
Old 07-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Yesterday (the 4th of July!) I woke up at 8am and ran 2.5 miles. Then at 11am I played ultimate Frisbee. At lunch I chose a healthy-ish option (a Gyro burger instead of a burger smothered in cheese and bacon) and only ate half of it. In the evening I went on a 10 mile bike ride.

I am finding that I absolutely love being active
Uhm, you mean that my meal option wasn't healthy?! HOW DARE YOU! :P

I also loved the 4th! Except I walked in a parade instead of playing ultimate frisbee!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 07-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Doing a class where we're training for adventure runs now. It started today, my bruises are already appearing! Lol

The 7 foot wall is my enemy but i did it once and I'm really good at army crawling!
How cool is that!....I would love to find a class like that around here
Old 07-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Just got back from my 2.2 mile run around town. Shaved over 2 minutes off my time. Dinner is in the oven, then a relaxing evening.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

I just wanted to pop in this thread and tell you guys you're doing such a great job with this, and it's really, really inspirational. I've never needed to/tried to lose weight, but it's so encouraging to see how well you guys stick with it through the ups and downs and make progress and stay motivated.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 07-09-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm All Ears

Trying to mentally prepare myself for getting my butt kicked again at the gym. At least it's not just me. My friend in doing this with says she has never been so sore in her life. I know in the end I'll be glad for doing this though.

4 lbs lost last week.

Im a little scared since I'm so out of shape and this really judgmental person I know told me they're going to the gym too. Unfortunately we work out in the middle of the room and people can watch it all. I get self conscious about that.