Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Top Dog

I like many others just don't feel anything is worthy enough of saying. I do know when I lost Maddy, not in the same sort of situation, but I felt much the same of you and everyone was so kind.

I'm keeping you both in my thoughts.

My Photos
Old 07-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Aware

I'm trying to come up with more words than the few I've posted on facebook and pictures you've posted. All I've been able to muster is a like or a heart, because what the hell are you supposed to say when something this devastating happens?

When I first joined Chaz, you commented on the first thread I had made - and I saw Backup in your signature. I fell completely head over heels in love with him. Sloan was gorgeous, Shamoo was adorable, and Arnold was ridiculously handsome... but I just couldn't get over Backup's face. I called Rick over and told him "LOOK at this dog. Just LOOK at him. His name is Backup." and his response was "Is he one of those Mal...things you keep wanting? Why are his eyes so big?"

It was quickly apparent that I was not alone in Backup's fan club, nor Arnold's. Or any of your dogs', for that matter. I love the dogs here just as much as any of my own, as do most of us. You are not grieving alone... we're all grieving. I've been crying on and off since I woke up Saturday morning and read what had happened the night before. There had to have been some misunderstanding... these things aren't supposed to happen to excellent, intelligent, dedicated dog owners.

I can't do anything to take the pain away, but please know that I, as well of the rest of Chaz, am here if you need anything at all. You are in our thoughts.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 07-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Vizsla mom

This was a very sad situation and it was even more so to read you write about it. My thoughts are with you, your significant other& your two dogs. My heart is broken for you.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm crying all over again, but oh God...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
I called Rick over and told him "LOOK at this dog. Just LOOK at him. His name is Backup." and his response was "Is he one of those Mal...things you keep wanting? Why are his eyes so big?"
This just made me laugh.

Your dogs touched a lot of people so I hope we have been able to return the favour even just a tiny bit.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Top Dog

I'm still thinking about you and still wishing there was more that I could do or say. I wish I could have donated more, but please remember, if you ever need someone to talk to or a clean up crew, I'm only a few minutes away. And if you ever want a dog to laugh at or an extra dose of obnoxiousness, Trent's free for grabs

Every time I look at your signature, I tear up and smile simultaneously.

""Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers."

And I think of the expanded quote (emphasis mine) - "Hereís to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. Theyíre not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo.

About the only thing you canít do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire.

Maybe they have to be crazy.
"

Backup and Arnold were all of that and more. I know they changed and challenged everything you knew before you had them, and that's the beauty and wonder of those two dogs. They're gone, but the time you had with them will shape the way you see things forever, and in that sense they are with you every step of the way.

"no one writes songs about the ones that come easy..."

It's true. Backup and Arnold weren't easy dogs, but they are the dogs that will be remembered forever by everyone who knew them.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
I'm still thinking about you and still wishing there was more that I could do or say. I wish I could have donated more, but please remember, if you ever need someone to talk to or a clean up crew, I'm only a few minutes away. And if you ever want a dog to laugh at or an extra dose of obnoxiousness, Trent's free for grabs

Every time I look at your signature, I tear up and smile simultaneously.

""Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers."

And I think of the expanded quote (emphasis mine) - "Hereís to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. Theyíre not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo.

About the only thing you canít do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire.

Maybe they have to be crazy.
"

Backup and Arnold were all of that and more. I know they changed and challenged everything you knew before you had them, and that's the beauty and wonder of those two dogs. They're gone, but the time you had with them will shape the way you see things forever, and in that sense they are with you every step of the way.

"no one writes songs about the ones that come easy..."

It's true. Backup and Arnold weren't easy dogs, but they are the dogs that will be remembered forever by everyone who knew them.
Now that I'm really bawling my eyes out...

I wish I could have donated, I wish I could help. This is the one dog tradegy that has really hit me because I felt like I knew these dogs so well through you, Adrianne. When Meagan told me what was going on, and I didn't have all of the details, I was just hoping for the best. I had hoped they got loose and would come back, I had hoped it was just a nightmare.

I could never imagine this sort of grief, and all of my vibes have been going out to Adrianne, Denis, Sloan and Moo. I never thought I'd care so much for people and dogs I've never met. But I guess that's the power of such great dogs.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 07-08-2013, 01:25 PM
orange iguanas.

I can't even express how sorry I am that this happened. For dogs I have never met, my heart completely dropped when I found out, and thinking of you guys had me in tears numerous times over the weekend. It's impossible to imagine what you guys are going through.

I wish I could do more. I know whatever we say or do doesn't make it any easier, but we're all here for you.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Top Dog

I am so sorry for your loss. They were lovely dogs, adored by all, and though their time was cut short they touched a heck of a lot of people during their lives.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 07-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

Now that I'm not typing on my phone, I can give you a better response.

I only just found out about this today, and I don't think "I'm sorry" can really do justice on how horrible I feel. I know how much you loved those dogs. I can't think of a more horrible way to die, or coming home to something like that.

I wish there was more I could say....

I'm so sorry.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb