Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Top Dog

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

All I've ever seen on dogs around here are the chamois ones, but always on smooth coated breeds. I remembered last night that my Dobe breeder had a few cooling coats. Maybe I'll ask her if she has a spare one that she might have used on a smaller girl and see if it works for Journ before I actually buy one. I think she just has the chamois ones too, but it's still worth a try I think. If she has one little enough. If not, I'll look around more at the Swamp Cooler/Hurrta/Saratoga and see which one people seem to prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post

The chest/belly piece is one of the most important in my opinion. Easier to cool a dog by keeping their belly cool.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too after looking at them some more. I just thought it was a little crazy how much of a price difference there was between ones with belly straps and ones without. But that was maybe just that one company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
Following this because Fuzzy B&W dog thinks I should buy him an AC unit....
Pretty sure Journey would love that as well haha. She's always so hot. Even if the house doesn't seem hot, she's generally panting a bit.

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN