Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

A friend was trying to explain a diet/lifestyle change where you could eat as much as you like of only certain foods, I think proteins and vegetables and still lose weight.

But I'm not finding any information on the name of it to see if it's a gimmick or not.

Doing myfitnesspal was great when I did it a few years ago and lost a few pounds, but I'm still eating a lot of processed and junk food, though in lesser quantities. I want to get to eating as healthy as possible but still having some sort of guidelines to help..
Old 06-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

When I was eating ONLY meat and veggies (look up Paleo or Primal) I ate as much as I wanted of those things and lost weight like crazy.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Hit the end of a weight loss challenge contest I'm participating in on another forum today. Final weigh-in puts me at today's number of 211.6. From the start of the contest, I am down 45.4 (257 to start). Over 17% loss. I should cash out.

Overall, I'm down 78 pounds and 27% total weight from January.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Where are your calories at, Jules? You might be dealing with the same thing I am which is not eating enough... which sounds really stupid as a reason to not be losing weight but it's a Real Thing. There's even a term for it and some guy had a great video I watched about a week ago but I've slept multiple times since then so I can't remember the term or find the video... I'll try to find it again.

The blog owner over at PaleOMG said she took up running, went easy on the weight lifting, and she has started to see a change in her body that she likes. There's kind of a history of posts over there where she was frustrated and sad and not liking her body, and she DOES still CrossFit, but she is happier with her body now that she has put cardio in and stopped being quite so obsessive with the CrossFitting. It's worth a shot to add cardio in, especially if you enjoy it. I do both because I enjoy both!

ETA: Here it is... metabolic capacity and metabolic damage.
http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/bi...olic-capacity/
Sorry for the mega delay in responding, it actually took me a couple of days to watch the video.. Holy moly, thanks Beanie, that was really helpful and interesting and definitely something I will consider before I fall into that trap. I started incorporating more wholesome foods and carbs into my food - not drastic, just a little, and also will take into consideration that my body needs to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Jules that sucks. My body seems to regulate right around 180, which is still way over my ideal weight. I know you have PCOS too so maybe that's a factor, I don't know. But that's a hard plateau for me to cross and it seems like if I slip up once I bump right back up to 180. The only time I went under 180 (managed to make 150) I was working out 5x a week with 30 mins cardio and 30 mins weightlifting 3x a week. And then on top of that, Summer and I were walking 2 hours a day every day. I don't have time to work out 3 hours anymore.

Are you still on met and BC? That seems to help some people too.
Laur, I am sure that the PCOS has a big portion to do with it all. It's just so uuuuugh. This has always been the hardest plateau as well, I am not sure why. I guess I need to remember that slow and steady wins the race and that my body will still change, even though the scale doesn't. I used to be really obsessive with weighing myself and I have started to get better with that.

I started doing more HIIT workouts with my cardio, maybe that will help me push me over the edge. Lots of hugs, Laur.... it can be so discouraging.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Obey the Toad.

Had a bad couple of weeks but I'm back on the wagon--I felt soooo much better eating low sugar!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Ran just shy of 3 miles today (2.96 miles to be exact)

I am starting to actually feel like the weight is coming off again. And I'm excited. I'm finding that most days I am too busy to sit at home and eat, which I guess is a good thing

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Started running again. Two days and two good runs and I'm remembering why I loved it so much.

Did 3.77 on the treadmill in my hotel yesterday. Only about 3.1 was really a "run". The rest was warm up, cool down. Times are nothing to write home about. I think my 5K time was in the 42 minute range. Of course, the last time I had run a 5K was about 25 years ago.

Tonight was a run around town. Was about 2.3 miles according to the sparkpeople route mapper. Heart rate monitor/timer said 22:34. I did a cool down walk and stretched out. Now I'm sitting here with an apple and some water (well, lots of water) logging my workout.

In about 6 weeks, I have a "race" against a friend from another board. We were the 1 - 2 finishers in a weight-loss challenge (I beat him on percentage, he beat me on total weight lost) so in order to crown a "grand champion", the fastest 2 mile will get the bragging rights. I'm really looking forward to that, but above all, I'd like to sign up for a 5K come fall. There are several fund-raisers around here that do 5K fun runs. If nothing else, I want to prove to myself that I can do it again.

So that's where I am now. Closing in on "overweight" and enjoying every minute
Old 07-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Top Dog

I'm down 13 lbs...but I'm feeling dissatisfied with just the weight loss. I'm seriously considering joining a CrossFit gym. I want to be strong, lean, and obviously muscular. My legs are NEVER going to be thin, even if I run a LOT. So, I'd rather they look like I want them to be that way LOL
Old 07-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Went out and ran again today. Only did a mile, but I was going at a pretty good clip. Felt great. Stretched out good following a half mile cool down jog/walk. Hoping to be able to walk in the morning. Day three always sucks the most
Old 07-02-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm All Ears

First workout with my personal trainer. It hit me during that work out how out of shape I tuly am. I've always 'known' but... It hit me hard and that sucks. The workout kicked my ass bad. My legs are shaking and I was totally winded.

I keep reminding myself that this is a very good first step in a good journey even if this step sucks so much.