Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Top Dog

I'm pretty sure in some venues you can't even enter until the dog is 18 months. 2 years is a BABY!

Lucy is 9. NINE. We've been doing this for nearly 5 years. We're fiiiiiiinally getting steam and starting to see success, but it's been a very, very long road. I spent many nights crying to Zach that my dog was broken, there was no point to this, and why was I pouring thousands of dollars and gazillions of hours into the black hole of my dog's attention span. I coveted my friends' dogs who were boring ol' steady eddies and just did what was asked the first time around. I still do, some days.

People at my trainer who started a year ago are now trialing. And seeing more success than lucy and I do. It hurts, not going to lie. I feel like I'm doing everything right, but that the dog I picked to do this with had a deck stacked against her. We've worked SO HARD.

And then at the end of a long day she curls up in my lap and kisses me we snuggle and I tell her she's the best dog ever because really, she is the best dog ever even if she kinda sucks at paying attention in agility. I got her first and foremost as a pet and a companion, and she's stinkin' awesome at that.

(Side note: I think the longer you wait to enter him the more anxiety you are going to build up in yourself.)

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG