The Venting Thread

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
my son who works two jobs has been talked into taking an 8 month old "purebreed pit bull" . he lives in a shared apartment and knows NOTHING about dogs.

PLEASE PLEASE send me some links to NILF and GOOD articles on the diffrent types of aggression .

He was going on and on about how god and sweet this pup is. I asked how come they "have to get rid of it?" He told me "
The dad dog and the puppy where fighting because the mom dog just had another litter." the pup is 8 months old.

So this tells me the dad is not stable enough for me . and the people who are breeding (pukes) these dogs dont care one bit about them.

help please , my son has a soft heart and i need to give him the tools to make this work right.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Neighbor is giving away free horses... gahhh no place to keep one and dang it for being allergic to them :( gahhh

Come on you know you want one ;), if its any consolation I am allergic to shavings dust (sneezing/runny nose, itchy eyes) & hay(I break out in a rash from it) & I have managed to own horses since I was 13 & ride since the age of 8.

You can do it :D

crazedACD

Neighbor is giving away free horses... gahhh no place to keep one and dang it for being allergic to them :( gahhh
A free horse is never a free horse...and really, you don't want to get one a whim just because it's free :). There is a lot that owning a horse entails, and it's not just financial.

If you ARE interested in having horses, you could always board somewhere? Flat fee, they clean/feed/water, they maintain fences and land. A lot of people kind of scoff at boarding prices (I've found maybe $250-400/month reasonable), but if you figure in the cost to maintain property for them...boarding might be cheaper.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Maintaining property isn't as expensive as it seems, all you need is pasture & a shed to get under (depending on where you are).

I have never been one for having someone else care for my animals, I was always taught that if I wanted the animal then I has to be responsible for the husbandry.

Also, it's cheaper at a boarding facility to "do it your self" then you only have to pay for the stall & stuff at least here it is (full care places here can be as expensive as $1200 / month).

Also the more important thing is why the horse is free, not too many folks will give away a good free horse.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
A free horse is never a free horse...and really, you don't want to get one a whim just because it's free :). There is a lot that owning a horse entails, and it's not just financial.

If you ARE interested in having horses, you could always board somewhere? Flat fee, they clean/feed/water, they maintain fences and land. A lot of people kind of scoff at boarding prices (I've found maybe $250-400/month reasonable), but if you figure in the cost to maintain property for them...boarding might be cheaper.
Absolutely this.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don't think you understand what maintaining property for horses means. Because yah... That's not it. Nor is that maintaining.
Of course I do, I have 2 horses & 70 acres :/ I guess it depends on where you are located.

Here the climate is mild & winters aren't that bad, unless you have a show horse (which we don't) or a special needs horse (which we don't) then you don't need much. We do have paddocks with enclosed sheds in case the weather is bad, they also stay in at night there.

Saeleofu

Stupid box office people are stupid. I decided to go ahead and buy a ticket for tonight's showing of Les Mis. First time I went the idiot could not understand what I wanted even though I gave him a specific section, row, and seat number that I KNEW was available. So I went home, DREW A FREAKING PICTURE, and went back and tried again, and lo and behold I got the seat I want.

Sorry, not going to pay full price to be stuffed in a seat where my dog doesn't fit, and last time i got cheap tickets the ushers would NOT STFU.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice

This... and speaking as someone whose family paid thousands on vet care and still lost her horse unexpectedly. Completely and totally worth their weight in gold, and can be very, very expensive... if you're going to do it 'right' so to speak. You can definitely own horses on a budget, but when it comes to the vet, budgets are sometimes thrown out the window.

My vent for the day:

It won't stop raining and swimming lessons start Monday.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
My vent is about myself. This is about the 50th time I've cancelled on something I really need to do. I know I'll be regretting it, and soon.

So. Freaking. Hot.

*melts*
And this. 111 degrees today. I am going to die.

Saeleofu

I was supposed to get drunk with my brother. Turns out my brother got drunk after 2 drinks and fell asleep (didn't get the German genes, I suppose, and it's his first time). I'm on #4 and watched Cirque du Soleil for a while, and now I'm just tired and going to bed. I usually take 7-10+ before I'm actually drunk and I feed off other people's drunkness to keep me awake until I reach that point. This is not working. I'm a bit buzzed, but...mostly just tired.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'm having sleep problems, too. It's roughly 4:30 AM here and I really need to sleep so I can get up in a few hours and go to the store. I just can't though, so I'm watching Death Note for the 4576785387135442567th time. At least I really do love Death Note.

Members online

No members online now.