Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Top Dog

It is 111 and my ac is choosing today to die
Old 06-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

my son who works two jobs has been talked into taking an 8 month old "purebreed pit bull" . he lives in a shared apartment and knows NOTHING about dogs.

PLEASE PLEASE send me some links to NILF and GOOD articles on the diffrent types of aggression .

He was going on and on about how god and sweet this pup is. I asked how come they "have to get rid of it?" He told me "
The dad dog and the puppy where fighting because the mom dog just had another litter." the pup is 8 months old.

So this tells me the dad is not stable enough for me . and the people who are breeding (pukes) these dogs dont care one bit about them.

help please , my son has a soft heart and i need to give him the tools to make this work right.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:24 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay21 View Post
Neighbor is giving away free horses... gahhh no place to keep one and dang it for being allergic to them gahhh

Come on you know you want one , if its any consolation I am allergic to shavings dust (sneezing/runny nose, itchy eyes) & hay(I break out in a rash from it) & I have managed to own horses since I was 13 & ride since the age of 8.

You can do it

Old 06-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay21 View Post
Neighbor is giving away free horses... gahhh no place to keep one and dang it for being allergic to them gahhh
A free horse is never a free horse...and really, you don't want to get one a whim just because it's free . There is a lot that owning a horse entails, and it's not just financial.

If you ARE interested in having horses, you could always board somewhere? Flat fee, they clean/feed/water, they maintain fences and land. A lot of people kind of scoff at boarding prices (I've found maybe $250-400/month reasonable), but if you figure in the cost to maintain property for them...boarding might be cheaper.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:32 PM

Maintaining property isn't as expensive as it seems, all you need is pasture & a shed to get under (depending on where you are).

I have never been one for having someone else care for my animals, I was always taught that if I wanted the animal then I has to be responsible for the husbandry.

Also, it's cheaper at a boarding facility to "do it your self" then you only have to pay for the stall & stuff at least here it is (full care places here can be as expensive as $1200 / month).

Also the more important thing is why the horse is free, not too many folks will give away a good free horse.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I don't think you understand what maintaining property for horses means. Because yah... That's not it. Nor is that maintaining.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
A free horse is never a free horse...and really, you don't want to get one a whim just because it's free . There is a lot that owning a horse entails, and it's not just financial.

If you ARE interested in having horses, you could always board somewhere? Flat fee, they clean/feed/water, they maintain fences and land. A lot of people kind of scoff at boarding prices (I've found maybe $250-400/month reasonable), but if you figure in the cost to maintain property for them...boarding might be cheaper.
Absolutely this.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I don't think you understand what maintaining property for horses means. Because yah... That's not it. Nor is that maintaining.
This.

My vent is I'm freaking exhausted.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Of course I do, I have 2 horses & 70 acres :/ I guess it depends on where you are located.

Here the climate is mild & winters aren't that bad, unless you have a show horse (which we don't) or a special needs horse (which we don't) then you don't need much. We do have paddocks with enclosed sheds in case the weather is bad, they also stay in at night there.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Glutton for Crazy

The actual cost of taxes is something you failed to mention.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.