Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
PCOS seems to be more common then I thought it was, I was under the assumption that it was not a very common disorder
It's becoming more commonly diagnosed, yes.
I went to the doctor when I was a teen because I was only getting it occasionally...they didn't mention a word about PCOS or any possibility of it. They said because I could get period regularly on birth control, it not being regular wasn't any cause for concern. With some internet searches I suspected it though. I just pursued this last year because I hadn't had a period in over a year, and was "officially" diagnosed with PCOS.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:44 PM
orange iguanas.

I never have. I just go "meh it's been about a month, probably time soon."

And I would not want someone to flip through my phone and find "period tracker" lol why can't they call it something more discreet.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-25-2013, 11:49 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Meh, I don't mind "period tracker" it's less annoying then "monthly gift or "aunt flow". I am a woman, therefore it's common knowledge that I at some point do/will have a period at some point, so I say call it what it is ... A period.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Top Dog

I used to never have periods, because of PCOS. This year my body decided to try something new, and I've now had THREE periods all on my own, no medication. So now I do track it I have an Excel file with a sheet for my weight, a sheet for my period, a sheet for Jagger's weight, and a sheet for Gwyneth's weight. And some other random junk. I love Excel.

And...apparently my body has decided it doesn't like this game, as I'm now late after having had it 3 months in a row like clockwork.

ETA:

Quote:
if it goes more than 32 or so, I take Vit C to start it.
Wait, what? Does this actually work? Never heard of it. BUT the three months I had a period, I was downing a lot of those Halls Defense things with Vit. C. Hmmm.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:15 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I was also more regular when I was taking vit C like instead of being a few days off it was like EVERY 28 days like clockwork, maybe I need to get back on it too lol.

But I never knew that about vit C ... Interesting.

Though since I have been in a committed, serious relationship, & have been tracking my cycle I find it rather fascinating to see how my body is "feeling" coincide with the date on the calendar, like when Im ovulating I can usually tell or when I am about a week out from starting my period I get PMS symptoms. I usually know when bleeding is imminent because the bloating & irritability will subside or go away completely ... I also can tell when it's gonna be a bad month.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Wait, what? Does this actually work? Never heard of it. BUT the three months I had a period, I was downing a lot of those Halls Defense things with Vit. C. Hmmm.
When I was trying to get off soda I drank a lot of "Fuze" drinks that have Vitamin C in them, I noticed I think I got two periods in a row.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:33 AM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Works for me. There can be side effects (the runs, if I remember correctly?), but I've never had an issue. 5000mg split up throughout the day before I want it, and BAM. Period the next day. It starves the uterus of progesterone, which starts menstruation.

Before I got it in tablet form, I would drink a ton of cranberry juice (high in vit c) for 2-3 days, and that would start it.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 06-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I never knew that about vit C. Interesting

I don't track for pregnancy, I track because I have crap hormones, and I had no idea whether I was regular or not it has been more useful and interesting than I ever imagined!

The tracker I use is called monthly cycles. Pretty bland
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

Yup. mine have been: 25, 29, 28, 26, 25, 23. Love my app! It's right on time with my insane appetite increase and low resistance to junk food, breakouts, and mood swings. My face looks like I'm 16, I cried yesterday morning over a swimming lesson (Chloe's), and tonight, I ate 1,100 cals worth of homemade Mac n cheese..... for dinner! (Wasn't quite junk food. It was a whole food recipe but it was super high in cals and not really THAT nutritious.) needless to say I'm supposed to start tomorrow!

Old 06-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I never have. I just go "meh it's been about a month, probably time soon."

And I would not want someone to flip through my phone and find "period tracker" lol why can't they call it something more discreet.
They don't. The icon just says "P Tracker".