Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Slave to the Aussie

For any of my fellow Dr Who, Star Trek, gamer fans "ready player one" is fantastic!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
I didn't expect much either and it's not the greatest book I've ever read, but I liked it! It's not one I think I'll read over and over like I do with some books, but then again I said that after I read The Hunger Games and I've read it like 5 times through the whole series and I'm DYING for the next movie. So who knows, I may get more into it as I get deeper into the series!

Just looked up The Passage and OMG I'm totally reading that now!

I also read the first Divergent book and it was okay! Gonna read the others at some point!
I thought the same of the hunger games and yet I reread as well!

I haven't started the Divergent series but its on my list, I have a lot to read in the passage still but I'm loving it.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Read the first Beautiful Creatures book, then watched the movie the other day. Anyone else read these? Saw the movie? I liked certain parts of the movie and disliked others. Some things were REALLY different but I found myself liking some changes better than the way it was in the book. About a quarter of the way done with the 2nd book. I don't like it as much so far but we'll see.
I've not seen the movie but I've read all the books except for the last one. It's a fun series but the main characters too whiny that drives me crazy.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Good Omens is one of my all time favorite books.
Same here! I recently decided to start working my way through some of the other Pratchett and Gaiman books; I'm reading American Gods right now. I'm curious to see which author I like better, since Good Omens is the only thing I've read from either. The friend who got me hooked on Good Omens praises Pratchett more, but just flipping through their books, Gaiman's appealed to me more.

Quote:
Right now I am reading The Passage, I'm loving it.
My friend got it for me for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I stared at it for weeks thinking "I'm not going to like this" before finally picking it up. I wound up digging through it far faster than I expected. I didn't realize it was a trilogy until recently; I think I'm going to have to re-read the first before I pick up the next. I remember certain scenes from it vividly, but not everything.

Quote:
I also read the first Divergent book and it was okay! Gonna read the others at some point!
Of all the big teen series recently, I do think this is one of the best written and most interesting. Less "teen angst love triangle". I was really excited to read the second, but it downloaded funny to my Nook (pages were all out of order) and I got sick of trying to piece things together. I should just go pick up a copy of it now that I've been reminded.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:29 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Just finished the 2nd beautiful creatures book- beautiful darkness. I liked it!! Just bought the 3rd on kindle.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Top Dog

Just read "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children". It was pretty okay for reading fodder but it wasn't as interesting as I'd hoped.

Oh and yes Hunger Games...I've reread that series so many times. I wanted more than three books!

Old 06-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I just finished "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell and am reading "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin Becker.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:02 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Finished Beautiful Chaos (3rd beautiful creatures book) and OMG what??! Just started the 4th book last night.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 06-23-2013, 02:10 PM
orange iguanas.

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series for like the billionth time.
Currently on Chamber of Secrets.

After this... I will be re-reading the Hunger Games series and the Divergent series to prepare myself for the movies/new book. Yay!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Silence! I ban you!

I finally sat down and finished "The Bride Collector" by Ted Dekker. I liked it, ending was a little on the predictable side, but I find that in most "mass market" type novels these days.

I just started into Game of Thrones. I've been enjoying the HBO series and wanted to read through the books now. I have some vacation time coming up and like to have something I can sit on the deck and ready while I enjoy a big fat stogie