Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

View Poll Results: Well, would you?
Yes, I think he's a great example of his breed! 1 3.70%
No, I think he has temperament issues. 17 62.96%
No, he's dim-witted and slow. 4 14.81%
Is this another inside joke I don't get? 5 18.52%
Pistaccio Gelato 5 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Obey the Toad.

He's well put together and has nice skin and muscle tone. I think the right bitch could offset the temperament issues. He also clearly enjoys his job. Has he been health tested?

**That awkward moment when you realize you are the only one who finds Cesar Millan attractive.**

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
He's well put together and has nice skin and muscle tone. I think the right bitch could offset the temperament issues. He also clearly enjoys his job. Has he been health tested?

**That awkward moment when you realize you are the only one who finds Cesar Millan attractive.**
He should probably be neutered, I do believe his height is under standard. His aggression level and territorial marking might resolve as well?

Old 06-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

No, you really can't breed away from temperament issues. Conformation, okay, but temperament you can't compromise.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm All Ears

Sorry, I'm still stuck on alpha rolling RDJ. Mmmmm
Old 06-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

I don't like the unknown pedigree or health testing but the biggest concern is temperament.

For a working Millan, his chest looks ok, not too heavily muscled but not sure he has what it takes get into a hole, dig to quarry or brave enough.

I can't see him fitting into my home very well, he might have to be crated a lot because he wouldn't get along with me or the jrts very well. They nor I would tolerate the false bravado crap as he struts around. True 'alpha's' are not aggressive or live in conflict and he just doesn't get that, therefore he would cause to many problems in the house. Lobbing off his balls might help but wouldn't breed him because I label him as non confident and fear aggressive.

As for agility, his height is a disadvantage. Too short for one division, too tall for another and I don't think he would work hard enough to over come that disadvantage. Under pressure he would do to many avoidance behaviours or quit on me, when things don't go his way. Not to mention that he doesn't take training or direction very well. Not a biddable temperament at all. Perhaps a bit dim witted and slow, neither are good qualities or easy to train.

I have never seen him run or jump and question his speed and endurance. But he did cross the border illegally, so that might be proof of that to a degree.

But over all not a good example with too many temperament issues.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Top Dog

Darn you with the poll choices! No, I think he has temperament issues, but then again, I SO badly must have Pistachio Gelato!

And honestly, without a pedigree there's no way to know what traits will be passed down and those that might not be, or what else is hidden, heck get the right combo and you could even end up with a satanic temperament, would you want to risk that? Then again he's probably just all fluff, a "watch man" more than a guard, remember, it's the quiet ones you have to be careful with.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:43 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Yes I would, structurally he is sound and has good conformation (lets face it ... the guy IS hot), but I would choose a "female" with a less intense temperament in hopes for "middle of the road" offspring temperament wise .
Old 11-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yes I would, structurally he is sound and has good conformation (lets face it ... the guy IS hot), but I would choose a "female" with a less intense temperament in hopes for "middle of the road" offspring temperament wise .

EWWW So much EWWW!!!! I do not see CM as hot. Each to their own I guess. lol

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 11-03-2013, 03:18 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Maybe because of his attitude? I guess that does make him undesirable. But just to look at, yeah I do find him cute LOL ... a little short for me (I am almost 5ft 10) but cute all the same.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Maybe because of his attitude? I guess that does make him undesirable. But just to look at, yeah I do find him cute LOL ... a little short for me (I am almost 5ft 10) but cute all the same.
That and I just do not find him physically attractive. I like my guys looking like Thor lol

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff