Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Top Dog

I went to get my oil changed today because I'm too lazy to do it myself. They couldn't, my oil is too thick. So now apparently I have to put some sort of flush stuff in my engine to loosen up the gross nasty oil. It really hasn't been THAT long since I changed my oil...maybe 5000 miles? This is gross and ridiculous. The oil last time I changed it WAS thick and gross, but not...solid. Maybe I should have flushed it that time and it wouldn't be this way already.

That, however, does explain why my low oil pressure light as been on briefly over the last few days.

Then the oil guy and I exchanged old beater car woes lol.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:36 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I wear my seatbelt ALWAYS!!! Hannah won't let me get away with it anyway but it's mostly just habit...

But I do speed. 3,4,5 up to 9 miles above speed limit.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Twin 2.0

Sael, you really do want to chance your oil every 3000 miles unless you're springing for the synthetic stuff, especially in an older car! Otherwise that's how you seize your engine and blow it up.

Also, this is what a good chunk of my state looks like right now and they're not sure how bad it's going to get before it's over. The weather is conspiring against us and the fires are just eating up all the dead pine. Which, from a long view is a good thing, but right now and for the people, it's devastating. It's also creating a nightmare for the livestock owners, as most of the temporary sanctuaries/pasturage they were moved to are now being involved in fires of their own.

Last edited by Zoom; 06-21-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I went to get my oil changed today because I'm too lazy to do it myself. They couldn't, my oil is too thick. So now apparently I have to put some sort of flush stuff in my engine to loosen up the gross nasty oil. It really hasn't been THAT long since I changed my oil...maybe 5000 miles? This is gross and ridiculous. The oil last time I changed it WAS thick and gross, but not...solid. Maybe I should have flushed it that time and it wouldn't be this way already.

That, however, does explain why my low oil pressure light as been on briefly over the last few days.

Then the oil guy and I exchanged old beater car woes lol.
I had to learn the lesson on how to care for my car...

But I never made my oil so solid that I couldn't drain it! That's really weird to me, but I don't know a lot about cars... I know I went a lot more thousand miles than you did between my first few oil changes. :/

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 06-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Top Dog

Freshly spayed puppies. Hyper freshly spayed puppies.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Top Dog

People really make me sick. Earlier this week I heard about a 6 month old female being raped and strangled by her mom's boyfriend after her mom gave him permission.

Tonight, we find out one of our members has been arrested and is in jail on charges from the FBI for having/uploading pictures of children bound and restrained to YouTube.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...hild-abuse-csc

This guy always creeped us out, too. Do you know how many times I've been completely alone with him in the office, and the uncomfortable things he's said to my co-worker and I? Gives me goosebumps. You never really know someone or can trust them. I feel bad for his boxer.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 06-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I had to learn the lesson on how to care for my car...

But I never made my oil so solid that I couldn't drain it! That's really weird to me, but I don't know a lot about cars... I know I went a lot more thousand miles than you did between my first few oil changes. :/
I come from a family where nobody ever cared for their cars properly. Most of the stuff I know I learned from the internets because of my Caliber, which had 3456578765 problems. Actually, I let my Caliber go 40k+ miles and it didn't have a bit of sludge...but it was also full synthetic (I didn't let it go that long again!).

I have NO history on this car, other than it has a ton of problems and I've had it for nearly a year. I know the oil was changed no more than 5000 miles ago with semi-synthetic, possibly less (I don't drive it much...because it has problems...mostly just to and from work). I do know the oil was disgusting last time because I did it myself. It didn't even look like oil. I have no idea how long it wasn't changed before that. I think there were definitely leftovers from the last time that made this one worse.

FWIW, I put the oil treatment stuff in it a bit ago, and...it sounds AMAZING. As in...I can't hear it, really, I actually questioned whether my car had actually started. And this has always been a noisy car. It's also always had a 3rd cylinder misfire, and...it's still there, but MUCH improved (changing spark plugs, plug wires, and ignition coils made no difference). Except now my cooling system is making noise, which would worry me if I hadn't heard the exact same noise last time I opened the pressure release latch on my radiator cap. I think I need a new radiator cap again, since pressing down on it quiets it >.< (at least those are dirt cheap!). And I'm now 99% sure I know where my cooling system is leaking from...the bloody overflow reservoir! This is after replacing the radiator (which was in fact leaking), radiator cap (also leaking), hoses (one burst), etc.

At least I now have PURPLE duct tape keeping my windows up, instead of gray!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:41 AM
Top Dog

Stupid ants. Every summer, sneaky little ants make their way in. Evil.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
They're TEENY too. 2 of them I thought were moles *sigh* must remember where all my moles are in the future. The one I drove off the road getting to was in the waist band of my pants, the tender area right above my panties...I FELT IT TRYING TO EMBED IT'S HEAD. So much ew...plus, once I start finding them, every itch, every drop of sweat sliding, every time my hair moves in the breeze I'm thinking TICKS ARE ON ME EVERYWHERE.
HEEBIE JEEBIES!

Nope I will take 6 months of winter, with the days or weeks of -40 to not have to deal with ticks, fleas, heartworm or unmentioned poisonous bity things
Old 06-22-2013, 02:04 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I stay because I like the DOG related discussions on here, that is all. I usually don post in the OT section but there are times I am compelled to do so.

But I am not going goblet the fact that my bluntness offends others keep me away. Regardless of what you might think of me I am a good person who takes GREAT care of my: animals, SO, friends, & family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
And yet, you stay here where you're convinced we are all mean, nasty, bitches who pick on you without a good reason?

Like I have said before, issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
You've got to be kidding me.

Although maybe "delusional" would more apt.
I just want to ditto these. You don't like discussions or debates - you like to vomit out the same rhetoric repeatedly until you get the desired response so you can run away and play the victim card.

No one likes you on this forum. The only people who have defended you are the people on here who don't like us "picking on you." If someone doesn't ban you soon I may actually have to post a "should we vote dogdragoness off the island" poll just so that you can see exactly what this forum thinks about you.

FWIW, we've had some really annoying, awful trolls before, but I don't think we've had any who 10+ members have repeatedly asked to leave.