Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I love them and have one for Bamm. The thing I like most about them is its fairly easy to feed your dog treats with them on which is what I needed for Bamm. The only two things I dislike about them are 1) I'm not a big fan of the strap material and would love to get a leather strap made for mine and 2) sizing Bamm was a pain in the neck and it still doesn't fit perfectly. I think his nose is too close to the basket part of the muzzle and I worry about his nose touching it and rubbing raw. I tried the next size up, but that was way too big. Might get him a greyhound basket muzzle at some point so he has a little more nose wiggle room, but still need to find a good greyhound muzzle that is easy to give treats through. I definitely suggest sizing them on in person instead of ordering anywhere online. The sizing made no sense to me so I chose the one that said it fits border collies and it ended up being the wrong size.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 06-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Top Dog

I don't think it would be responsible for me to bring him into a store like Petco though. Maybe a smaller one where it would be easy to avoid people and dogs, but he might be dangerous in petco. I'm going to bring his current muzzle along when I go though, since it fits him. I went today but they were all out of size 2 (and don't even sell size 1) so I'll have to try again another time.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

If you don't find a smaller store that carries it could you explain the situation to a petco manager and them bring a few out to your car for you to try out to see what fits properly before you purchase?
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 06-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Top Dog

I went back to petco and they still didn't have size 2, so I think I'm going to have to order one online, I just have to decide between a size 1 and 2.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Agility freak!

I just bought two for Simi because I wasn't sure on her size. I got mine on sale at this site: http://www.jefferspet.com/baskervill...ET/cp/0040409/ And I ordered two just cause they were such a good deal and cause I wasn't sure on sizes. I think I got a 3 and a 4. And I think that they're both a little off. Haven't used them on her since I bought them, actually because I HATE the strap that comes on them (they're REALLY hard to get through, I find) and because I just don't know which one to put on her.

But yeah, you could order from that site, if you wanted. Not sure if those are good prices for around where you live, but they were really good prices for me. I paid as much for ONE of the tan plastic basket muzzles as I did for my two baskervilles.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 06-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Top Dog

Thank you for that site, those prices are really good (though the "service charge" was sort of high). I just ordered a size 1, so we'll see how that fits. He doesn't really match the breed recommendations for that size but his measurements seem best for that. I looked up the measurements for his current muzzle and it's just smaller than the size 1 baskerville, so it should fit.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Top Dog

To update, I received the size 1 muzzle and it fits perfectly, I'm very happy with it. I love how many holes it has for adjustability, i just pull it to the right tightness and there's always a hole there. Feeding treats is super easy as expected and he should be able to pant without a problem. I'm getting him used to it and he's doing very well.

He's not thrilled but not too upset about it either. He tried to play with a toy though and got frustrated when he couldn't grab it so he humped it instead. That's my boy.

Last edited by Maxy24; 07-07-2013 at 11:37 AM.