Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 06-18-2013, 07:46 AM
I'm All Ears

Well I've been working with a clicker and that is helping. She seems to get excited enough that she forgets that it's the potty yard. I also started her out with Summer, who doesn't care about the poop, and so she fed off of Summer's excitement and was playing some basic tricks in the yard. As long as Summer is out there, she's good to go. Kind of odd but they are very attached to each other so that makes me wonder if she was worrying about Summer for some reason? At any rate I'm going to work with the clicker so I can just get her back to playing in the yard with me.

My yard is TINY so there's not much room to make a potty yard. I can barely fit my weave poles in the yard as it is. I suppose pooper scoopering more often would be a good idea.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm All Ears

The issue just dawned on me that he problem is I've been bathing Mia outside in the yard often lately. Derp. I bet you she is worrying she's going to get a bath.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Top Dog

I remembered this thread from a while ago .

I run into the problem of demotivation in the backyard. At an indoor class? I get beautiful heeling and engagement. Outdoors at a quiet park..still get a moderate level of engagement. Indoors or outdoors at an event with loads of people? Lots of engagement, provided no one is actively bothering us.

Outside at home? HAH. It's PLAY TIME. No serious business. I can get engagement with toys a bit but it's like she's rushing everything to get me to shut up and throw a toy.

I think this may actually be a confidence thing. When we around lots of people & dogs she looks to me as a safety net, thereby engaging actually better because she is tuning into to where I am and what I'm doing. She's overly comfortable and confident in the yard.